13. HollyWood Ball (Part 6)

Adele was sitting at a table with Georgina and her close friends playing cards. They were on the ladies floor which was on the second floor of the ballroom hall where the holly wood ball was being held. Adele loved the design of the floor. It was basically a circular balcony going around the hall on the second floor which was accessible by stairs. The advantage was for Francesco since he could see her from his table from the ground floor. The disadvantage was for Georgina and Adele who were being watched constantly.

Francesco had been sitting on his table with Antonio and Costanzo drinking wine and eating canapés but his stare hadn't left Adele's ever since she had stepped foot on that floor. It had been almost an hour now since Adele had started mingling with the stars of united dreamers girl band. Now, the band had gone backstage and Adele was just hanging around with the ladies by playing cards until it was time for performances to start and Hollywood stars were all arriving. That was when Adele had to go downstairs to join Francesco on the first floor.

Adele wanted to make the most of her time with the ladies so she decided to ask any burning questions she had. So she cleared her throat " Georgina.... Since I have never been to one of these events before, can you tell me a little bit about people here? It seems like everyone almost know each other. I feel left out."

One of Georgina's friends said " Yeah Georgina. You haven't even told Adele anything about anyone here? I am hurt." She then turned to Adele " Don't worry. I tell you about anyone you want to get to know on this floor."

Adele smiled " Great. Start by telling me about yourself please."

The girl spoke " I am Gloria as you know. I used to go to school with Georgina so did these girls on our table. We are all Irish and our families have been in New York City for a while now. I am an O'Reily." She then turned to the other girls on the table and pointed at each one " Laura is a McConnaugh. That one is her sister Lorraine. Last but not least, Nora is an O'Mally. She is a cousin from the maternal side of Emanuelle O'Neil, the dead husband of that lady sitting over there. Her name is Sancia and her husband was an O'Neil. She owns this hotel as well owning many illegal and legal assets in different states. Keep away from her. She is dangerous. We are all in illegal businesses also but she is in a different league."

Adele was seeing Sancia for the first time. She looked stunning and had a look of authority around her. She was sitting at a table on the ladies floor that had a ver good view. She was sitting alone drinking wine but also looking around the room once in a while glancing at Costanzo's table at the bottom floor."

Lorraine spoke " Who else do you want to know? Just point at them."

Laura spoke " Sister... I don't think Adele knows anyone. We just need to point out the main people here that she needs to know. We can't introduce her to the whole room."

Nora spoke "That's true. Alright. So Gloria told you who to keep away from. Sancia is a serious head case. She is backstabbing too. You try to keep away. I am her husband's cousin from his mothers side but I am even wary of her."

Georgina frowned " You mean you are her dead husband's cousin. Use past tense. He is gone though."

Nora sighed and shrugged "If you believe that then fine."

Gloria spoke " What do you mean? You are making no sense."

Every one was now looking at Nora waiting for her to explain herself.

Nora spoke in whisper" I am not supposed to tell but i trust you guys not to tell anyone. ...... He is close to dying. But not dead yet."

Everyone gasped. Georgina spoke with disbelief "You are kidding? Right?"