31. Mob War Erupts ( Part 7)

Angelo was sitting alone on a bed in a cabin. He had been locked up there for so long. He had lost count of the hours. Only the meals that brought to him indicated to him what time it could be since there were no windows. He thought of the night before and the events that had lead to him being in his situation of uncertainty. He was a dead man. He knew it. Either Francesco was going to kill him if not Ambrogio first. He was of no use to either of them he thought to himself. He had trusted Ambrogio to save his sister. He thought he was telling the truth. He was tricked. He was just used by Ambrogio so he could reveal everything he knew to Ambrogio before they revealed he was only a hostage Angelo had locked him up here. Not that Ambrogio was satisfied by anything he had revealed. Angelo knew absolutely nothing. He had been to meetings but he either was pulled out by Antonio or Costanzo or he felt too sick to pay attention. Antonio even hadn't initiated him. According to Antonio, Angelo had to make his bones by loyalty to be taught anything about how Francesco's system operated. But of course that was Francesco's direct order to anyone who just joined his organisation. They attended meetings with formal reports most of which were coded and spoken in riddles, foreign languages or were using code names. Ambrogio was breaking furniture by the end of it not hurting Angelo knowing harming to Angelo meant exact harm coming to his sister at some point.

In his mind, Angelo had nothing but admiration towards Francesco. He was ahead of Ambrogio by a mile. Francesco had gone after two of Ambrogio's allies that night. The man who had brought him his dinner had told him it could be his last meal and has given him some insight.

Francesco apparently had intercepted Ambrogio's men who were in process of assassinating him. He had captured then outside his hotel. The mistake those assassins had made was the fact they had gotten too close to the hotel where apparently was under close surveillance by multiple mob families who's bosses were inside. One of the assassins had survived with injuries making it to the ship and told his tale. They were now in panic mode on the ship. They were worried about allies of Ambrogio getting compromised.

Then he laid down on his bed shaking out the thoughts. He closed his eyes trying to sleep only to jump at hearing the gun shots or rather some heavier weapons. There were sounds of explosions too but plenty of gunfire could be heard and men shouting and screaming.

Angelo stood up. He knew he was soon to find out who was here and the victorious side. He looked around the room. There was absolutely nothing in his room except a bed. He couldn't use anything as a weapon or hide.

He then suddenly heard the door forcefully kicked afew times and it opened. Angelo put his hands up in surrender and spoke " I surrender."

To say Angelo was terrified was an understatement. These wasn't Francesco but the deadly look in his eyes confirmed he was someone like Francesco. He has white blonde hair and piercing eyes that brought chills down Angelo's spine. He was terrified of Ambrogio too but not this much since Ambrogio didn't treat him as roughly as he treated others and wasn't intending to kill him unless his sister was killed by Francesco. Angelo felt sick at Ambrogio's reasoning. He loved Adele. How could Angelo be so stupid? He thought to himself. Now here he was standing in the middle of a room on Ambrogio's ship knowing he could be shot dead within seconds of the man in front of him wished it. Obviously he was going to assume Angelo was an employee of Ambrogio at first. Maybe Francesco could save him. It was ironic how the man he ran away from and despised so much had suddenly become his only hope to getting out of this situation.

The blonde man turned to his men, "I have got this. You search the other rooms. Find him, dead or alive. I want Ambrogio now."

Then man came in limping inside and walked to Angelo with a strange expression " All this trouble for you? So you are Angelo? You look like your picture except you had longer hair. Never mind." He then put his gun in his pocket and offered his hand to Angelo " It's a pleasure to meet Francesco's brother in law. I am Emanuelle O'Neil. If you ever want any favours from me, don't hesitate to ask."