54. A Thanksgiving ( Part 18)

Adele was in Angelo's embrace once more. The brother and sister were having a peaceful moment before heading over to dinner under the watchful eyes of Costanzo who was sitting in the corner. The orders requiring Angelo to be watched at all times weren't lifted yet so he still had to be there.

Costanzo in many ways wanted to witness how Adele and Angelo interacted. They were raised in a loving family and their closeness was something he didn't witness often when he observed the people whom typically surrounded him. Angelo and Adele just had the perfect all American life prior to being brought to Francesco's mansion.

Costanzo was most impressed by Angelo from the day one that he was brought in. Costanzo had seen Angelo's suit cases that he had packed for his sister from that night they were brought in. The contents of the suit cases were inspected by Antonio later on and Costanzo had been present when they were checked for security reasons.

Angelo had given him the impression of being a loving brother. He had put Adele's belongings with such great care in a manner and order in the suit cases that reflected his attention to detail when it came to Adele. On the way to Francesco's mansion, Angelo had even convinced Antonio's men to stop so he could get some necessities for Adele from the shops. He seemed to have picked only the best and most classy items. Some happened to be expensive but they were all also well picked with even matching colours. Angelo seemed to know even what Adele's favourite colour was and had tried to match her favourite colours in items. Costanzo was so affected by seeing Angelo's care for his sister from the bags he had packed for her. Now he could see it in his eyes too so clearly how much he loved Adele.

That was not all. According to Antonio, throughout the time Angelo was watched by his men, Angelo just asked for Adele's fate and not about his own. He just wanted to know about Adele's safety. Adele and Angelo were indeed innocent passers by with a normal upbringing who were unlucky enough to be subject of interest of a criminal., He wished the brother and sister didn't have to go through difficulties of fitting in. He felt sorry for them. They were going to have a different life. He just hoped Angelo was never broken and his spirit was never crushed. He looked so fragile, thin and pale just like Adele. He looked so vulnerable. His fate was in Francesco's hand and he was the only one who could make sure Angelo was never broken. Costanzo truly hoped that was going to be the case and Angelo was never on the wrong side of Francesco. He could only hope for the poor doctor to become Francesco's close brother in law one day. He could only hope.

As Costanzo was staring at the brother and sister, he noticed the time as he looked at his watch and spoke " Dinner is about to start soon. We have to go. I am sorry."

Angelo sighed and pulled away. He took a step backwards. He turned to Costanzo "Please a few more minutes..." He then turned to Adele and spoke in a concerned tone " Adele you have to tell me how you convinced Francesco to drop my punishment."

Adele sighed " How many times do I have to answer this question? Why cant you believe me. He didn't do anything to me. Just drop it. Besides, he didn't remove your punishment completely. He reduced it. You still have to go to Emanuelle O'Neil's house for some time until Francesco calms down. Then you will be still watched when you are ordered to return to this mansion...."

Angelo shook his head " It doesn't sound like Francesco's desired punishment for me. That's similar to previous arrangements. I was watched before but now I will be under surveillance much closer and my routine would be stricter. That is all. Even his men don't look at me any differently and think i am watched for my own safety because I was abducted once and Francesco doesn't want this to happen again. Not much has changed .... except...."

Adele spoke " Your right to have a family. I hope Francesco can forgive you fully and grant you that. He said if you prove your loyalty, he will forgive you.."