37. A Thanksgiving (Part 1)

Francesco put Adele down on the bed as he looked at her with concern " I will be back sweetheart. I just need to instruct the guards in more detail about bringing your dinner and what to bring. Do you want anything else beside the dishes on the dinner table.

Adele shook her head " No. Nothing for me. I am not really hungry."

Francesco instructed " You will have something to eat sweetheart. Then I will hold you in my arms while you lie down in bed and we would discuss everything that's happened as you go to sleep."

Francesco then walked outside and closed the door while instructing his guards out of the door about what to do next. Francesco was furious. Emanuelle was really walking on thin ice. He had no right to discuss business at the dinner table with Adele present. Francesco was going to make sure O'Neil knew about his displeasure at his poor etiquette. But unfortunately, he didn't have time to deal with O'Neil's poor choice of words at the table for now. He was going to make sure that O'Neil knew that his dinner table talk wasn't welcome but not now. He had more vital matters to attend to in prior. He had his woman to worry about. He was going to make it even with O'Neil later on returning the gesture but he didn't mind waiting.
Revenge was a dish better served cold no matter who was involved and what was to be done.

Sometimes he wished O'Neil wasn't his first choice ally and his most powerful friend but he was a perfect partner in business. He almost always delivered. He was a dangerous underground leader to be reckoned with who was a big threat to any enemy. Of course he had become stronger by joining forces with Sancia Giovanni. She had various Giovanni assets and businesses under her control that were technically O'Neil's now that they were marred. Emanuelle was not anybody. Maybe he was his match in many ways. But Emanuelle was going to regret ruining this dinner later on and was going to be made to give him an apology and more.

After instructing the guards, Francesco opened the door to his bedroom and walked back inside. He was surprised to find the bed empty. Then he heard Adele coughing in the bathroom. He listened carefully as he became suspicious. He was shocked. She sounded like she was getting sick and was throwing up. He walked to the door and turned the door knob but it was locked. he shouted " Open the door now."

Francesco then heard Adele being sick again as she spoke " Wait." He knew something was wrong. He didn't mind breaking the door but he could hurt Adele and it would have been an invasion of her privacy. But it was about her health " He shouted " Stay clear of the door. I am going to count to three and break it."

Adele shouted " Wait." He then heard the lock opening. He was frustrated and wanted to confront her about locking the door and hiding from him how she was sick. But all vanished as he looked at his beloved as she walked outside the bathroom and leaned to the wall. Her eyes were watering and she looked pale. She looked so unwell. His expression softened.

Francesco took a step towards her, gently lifted his hand and touched her forehead " You have a temperature.... Sweetheart. Tell me what's going on. Are you sick? I heard you throwing up behind the door. How long have you been feeling sick?"

Adele took a step away from Francesco across the room and swallowed hard looking nervous. Francesco narrowed his eyes, took a step towards her and grabbed her hand in a form grip " You cant walk away from me. I asked you a question. Answer me. I want the truth."

Adele took a deep breath and closed her eyes not wanting to face Francesco " Since this morning ?"

Francesco's eyes hardened " Since this morning?...... And when were you going to tell me? Open your eyes. Look at me and tell me the truth." His tone of voice was demanding. He was holding onto his self control tightly. His woman was sick and she hadn't told him. That showed lack of trust.