56. A Thanksgiving (Part 20)

Francesco was holding Adele in his arms dancing to the tune being played by the united dreamers. Since Anna and Arturo were going to be a while until they returned, Francesco had asked to play for the guests until Arturo and Anna returned. The others were either dancing or listening to the music. Adele and Francesco were dancing in a corner for privacy.

Adele looked up into Francesco's eyes smiling " Thank you."

Francesco spoke " What for?"

Adele spoke " For having this thanksgiving party even though you don't celebrate thanksgiving with family and friends. I know, this must bring bad memories."

Francesco nodded " It does bring bad memories. But like you said, I should try to replace them with new memories." He smiled weakly as he ran his hands up and down Adele's hips " We will have a big family one day. They would want proper thanksgiving dinners so I should start practicing now. Do really like this party. Is there something you don't like about tonight?"

Adele sighed. She moved her hands from Francesco's shoulders to his cheeks. She held his cheeks in her hands " I like tonight alot but I wish there were more people invited." She then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek gently.

Francesco was surprised. She just kissed him. He smiled "Who do you want to invite next year?"

Adele looked taken back. She didn't expect him to ask her that. She couldn't possibly tell him that she wanted him to make peace with his parents and invite them too. But it was not the time and place.

Adele moved her hands up and down his chest and spoke " It's your decision. I just want more people. But until next thanksgiving there is time. Before thanksgiving, we have our engagement party and our wedding to plan with a long list of guests."

Francesco spoke " Anyone you want you can invite sweetheart." He then kissed her forehead.

From the corner of her eye Adele saw Anglo standing in a corner and smiled at him. Francesco followed her line of vision with a suspicious look and when he noticed Angelo, he gave him a hard look that made Angelo subconsciously reach his hand to his neck and rub it nervously.

Francesco then continued dancing with Adele. But he stopped when he saw Arturo walking back without Anna. Adele also turned around and watched Arturo walking to them.

Arturo stood in front of Francesco and spoke " Anna would like to have a word with you Francesco, alone. She said it would only take a few minutes."

Francesco turned to Adele and kissed her forehead " I won't be long sweetheart." He then walked away towards the exit as he bumped into Antonio and Georgina " Keep Adele company while I am gone. It will be a few minutes. Then we can have dinner."

Antonio spoke " Yes boss."

Francesco walked away. He then shouted orders to his men lining up the corridors to show him where Anna was. He reached the guest room his men had informed him of and walked in. He slowly closed the door behind him as he spotted Anna looking outside the window.

Francesco spoke "What is it Anna? Can't this wait until thanksgiving dinner?"

Anna knew Francesco didn't mind talking to her otherwise he would not have come. He would have sent a guard to inform her that he wasn't going to see her. So she could say what she wanted to say at that point. She took a deep breath and turned around. She held her hand over her chest as she saw how close Francesco was standing. She looked away " I am sorry.... I wanted to .... talk to you."

Francesco spoke " I am listening."

Anna looked back up at Francesco and then bit her lip. She couldn't form words in a sentence. She opened her mouth to speak only to change her mind. She was getting emotional as she was thinking about what she wanted to say.