34. Allies Stand Together (Part2)

Emanuelle looked up at Francesco with annoyance " Next time we play, I would give you a better match."

Francesco spoke " Who said I am giving you a rematch?" He then got up and walked to his fridge. He asked " Whiskey?"

Emanuelle stood up and walked to Francesco " But you will give me a rematch,"

Francesco handed him a whiskey bottle " Why do you take me on in chess when you know I can beat you with my eyes closed?"

Emanuelle shrugged " Because I like learning from the best. You beat me with your queen this time. Maybe I will try doing the same thing next time."

Francesco handed him a bottle opener " Is that a threat?"

Emanuelle spoke " Count on it."

Francesco walked to his desk and leaned on the edge as he sipped from his vodka. He took in Emanuelle's standing form looking confident as he was drinking. Francesco spoke in a firm tone "Speak your mind now. You requested to see me. Not the other way round. I don't have time. I am already delaying my dinner with my woman. Now start telling me why you delivered to me the wrong Voltolini brother?"

Emanuelle turned to Francesco " Firstly , Can I meet your woman?...."

Francesco spoke coldly " Answer my question and I will answer yours. I said tell me why do I get the wrong Voltolini. Where is Ambrogio? I want him. Not Alessio."

Emanuelle gave Francesco a smirk making Antonio and Costanzo gasp in surprise as they were leaning to the wall at opposite sides of the room looking on. If Francesco used that tone on them they would have most likely looked away never mind smiling. O'Neil was indeed crazy.

Emanuelle walled to Francesco as he was shaking his head. He stood in front of Francesco and looked him in the eyes. He took a sip from his bottle and then spoke "I delivered you a Voltolini. You need Alessio as a hostage. Not his older brother. What were you going to do to Ambrogio if you had him?"

Francesco spoke " I would have killed him. He is after my woman."

Emanuelle spoke " So what? Alot of men are after Sancia. It doesn't mean I go around killing them all...." He then felt the danger from Francesco's expression. He spoke quickly " Before you smash that bottle on my head, which I can see coming, wait for me to finish.... My point is that you can't attack every one of your enemies as they appear. Then your other enemies could show up where you least expect. But I know you have it covered. You have a powerful organisation but it takes one small hole in your security and you would risk getting hit where it would be irreversible. But again I agree that attacking and eliminating the threats is the answer but ..... only sometimes."

Francesco spoke " Who's side are you on Emanuelle? You sound like you want Ambrogio to walk free. You let him slip away and brought me his useless brother. It doesn't look good on your part. I am not impressed. What is your point. I need some convincing or you face the consequences of breaking our deal. Speak of something worth hearing or pay up compensation for wasting the mission I planned."

Emanuelle spoke " Firstly, I am on your side. I always have been. I respect your father. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have the opportunity to marry Sancia, the woman who makes me happy. The woman who makes me feel power. I owe him for that."

Emanuelle clutched his whiskey bottle almost defensively knowing an attack could be coming his way if he spoke further about Paulo Rosario. He knew it was a sore subject. So he got the hint as he saw Francesco's furious eyes. He continued " But never mind. I know you don't see eye to eye with your father. If it makes you feel any better to hear this, my married life is not perfect right now. Every one knows that my marriage is on rocks. Sancia wants a divorce and I have been telling her "Over my dead body she is getting a divorce. What is it with women these days." I am taking her on a city vacation in a few days and hoping to get this nonsense out of her mind......"