27. Mob War Erupts (Part 3)

Adele couldn't hold it together as Francesco's words hit her hard like a ton of bricks. She was shaking hard as she was covering her mouth with her hands. She seemed in shock. She couldn't find any words to speak. Her mind was going to different places. She was staring into distance as tears were slowly running down her cheeks. The words that had just left Francesco's lips were sinking in slowly and stabbing her heart in the process.

Francesco looked at his angel worriedly as he was cursing Angelo in his mind. In his eyes, it was all Angelo's fault. In his view everything was ruined by Angelo who had hell to pay for making Adele go into shock. Francesco was not sure what to do to calm Adele down. He didn't want to make her even more hysterical by approaching her.

Francesco so badly wanted to embrace her in his arms. He so badly wanted to hold her tightly in his embrace and whisper comforting words to her as she was suffering in her state of shock. But he wasn't sure if Adele wanted him close to her. He wasn't sure if she wanted him to touch her with the same pair of hands that was going to make her brother suffer. But he couldn't help himself. He finally broke his promise to himself regarding not pressuring Adele in coping with what he had said to her. He wanted to give her enough time to let it out and have some space. He was predicting that his angel wouldn't have welcomed his touch immediately after the bad news was delivered. But ..... All his plans went out the window as he found himself not happy with the thought of his angel rejecting his touch. Part of him demanded mutual love and respect from Adele no matter what. That was his ring on her finger.

Francesco slowly walked to Adele from his leaning position next to the wall. He wasn't going to put up with it if she pushed him away, he decided. "She was his. She wasn't allowed to choose anyone else over him. Not even her family." He thought to himself. He was ready to put her in her place if she decided to push him away.

Francesco took small steps towards the bed as he whispered gently " Sweetheart. How can I make you feel better? I don't want to see you like this. Say something. Anything."

As Francesco sat down next to Adele, he raised his hand and started stroking her hair whispering softly " I wish I could make things better for you but I can't."

Francesco felt relief and smiled weakly as he noticed that his angel had no intention of pushing him away. He really didn't want to hurt her any more than the bad news that was doing to her so he was glad to see her not cringing away from him. After all he wasn't the one to blame for Angelo's treason. So he reached his hand down her waist and rubbed circles on her back as he looked at his angel expectantly.

Adele turned to face Francesco and looked into his eyes while shaking even harder " There is something I need to know before anything. I have to be told about this...... Francesco .... Are you going to .... k... K....". She didn't even have the will to form words into sentences. Her mouth was dry just like how she was running out of tears.

Francesco looked at her in concern " What is it sweetheart?" He then nodded in understanding as he saw Adele was looking away in direction of the water cooler in the room. So as Adele was about to get up he spoke quickly " Let me get it for you." He then walked to the water cooler and poured Adele some water.

As Francesco walked to Adele and handed her the glass of water, his heart broke as he noticed how much had changed ever since few minutes ago when he was standing towering over his angel kissing her. She didn't look so broken back then. Not even close . This made his blood boil. Angelo was going to pay.

Adele drank her water and put the glass on the side table. She took a deep breath and stood up on her shaky legs looking into Francesco's eyes pleadingly. She lifted up her trembling hands and wrapped them around Francesco's shoulders. It made Francesco feel good to know his angel still didn't mind touching him willingly without despising him. But Francesco was alarmed. He knew this silence in the room could turn into a storm. Adele had calmed down slightly but he knew questions were coming at him and what he responded could change everything.