35. Heart to Heart Moments

Adele was standing at the window looking into the distance. This seemed to be the only thing she could do now. She was hoping to see Angelo somehow. She was hoping that maybe he was going to be taken to his cabin on the front yard and he wasn't. She was worried about him but relieved that he was going to live and not hurt physically. The next day was thanksgiving and she was going to be grateful for a number of reasons. One was the fact that Francesco had spared Angelo alot of punishments including the obvious death sentence and gruesome physical tortures. But still she wanted to see her brother not only to see if he was safe and not hurt by Voltolini men as well as to ask him why he had done what he had done. It was hard for her to believe how Angelo could run away. That was so out if character for him.

Suddenly Adele heard the door opening. She turned to see Francesco smiling at him as he closed the door. She smiled back and that made Francesco very content. A smile from his beloved was all he needed to make him put all his doubts and fury aside in their bedroom. He walked to her whispering " My beautiful angel." He then without warning wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up. He placed her on the desk and resting his hands on her hips speaking " You are still awake sweetheart I see. I thought you had dinner by now and were sleeping."

Adele spoke " I couldn't go to bed. It's only 9 O'clock and I was worried."

Francesco spoke " You were worried about what sweetheart. Leave everything to me to deal with. I can manage any obstacles coming our way. I was raised to be a fighter....... But hold on.... Don't tell me you are worried about him. Are you thinking about your brothers faith still?"

She couldn't lie to Francesco. Now that they were engaged she found herself finding it difficult to be dishonest with him. She was afraid but trusted him not to hurt her....So. she nodded weakly and then looked down regretting her response. She didn't want to test Francesco. Her brother was a traitor but still he was her brother. She was scared of punishments Francesco was going to subject Angelo to. She felt truly helpless. But a voice inside her said, it could be worse. Don't push your luck."

Francesco sighed. He lifted one hand to her face and tilted her chin upwards while resting his other hand on her hip. He spoke in his demanding tone " Stop thinking about him. I told you I won't kill him. I told you I won't physically torture him. I cant promise that I wont give him a few punches in the gut or a few slaps on his face but i wont torture him like how he should be. I forbid you to let him come between us. I love you sweetheart. I care about you enough to treat your brother differently to my other employees. I want you to be at ease. I won't torture him to breaking point in ways I should but he can't be forgiven. He has to pay at least mentally. Do you have objections?"

Adele shook her head with defeated eyes and whispered " No."

Francesco smiled brightly " Good girl." He then leaned close and kissed Adele's lips as he was holding her chin in place. He then pulled away " I can't get enough of your lips. I can't get enough of looking in your eyes. I can't get enough of touching you. Why is it that I feel like I am miles away from you when I am just downstairs or a few rooms away. I feel like I can be in a room full of gold and diamonds but I would feel like the poorest man in the world. All the power and wealth in the world mean nothing if you are not with me. You are my everything. I work day and night to protect you and our future. I know you don't like my lifestyle but we come from different worlds. I hope that one day you get used to how I operate. I hope one day you understand why I do things the way I do and why I live the way I do."

Francesco then let his hands down slowly running the palms of his hands down Adele's arms as he was looking intently intolerable eyes. He then moved his hands to. Adele's tights covered by her silky dress in her seated position. He gently rubbed his hands up and down her tights whispering " You are so gorgeous. I want to feel part of you. But of course, I have to resist since we are not married yet. Have you thought about a wedding date yet?"