75. The Wedding (Part 1)

Adele was feeling nervous as she was looking at her reflection in the mirror. She was looking at herself in a white dress that she didn't think she was going to wear that soon. The dress was beautiful and her hair was looking perfect after the finishing touches of a stylist.

There was only Adele, Georgina and Anna in the room. They were her bridesmaids whom were now standing at either side of her with their beautiful golden dresses explaining to her slowly what was exactly going to happen when they walked down the stairs. It was almost time to leave the mansion and get into the cars to drive away to the church. Adele was trying to pay attention and listen but it was hard to focus. She turned around and looked at them smiling and nodding but inside her there was a battle. She was listening but her mind was elsewhere. She had never felt this way before. It was a strange feeling. She felt excited but she was scared too. She was going to be married that day. She knew a lot was going to change for her. To start life with Francesco as his wife was going to be different and she was petrified but she couldn't wait for them to say their wedding vows. She had doubts and fears but they did not suppress how happy and excited she felt.

Suddenly the three women were startled as a knock came on the door and Francesco's voice boomed "Adele, are you in there? I need to talk to you."

Anna walked to the door and unlocked it. She opened the door half way and spoke "Hi cousin. You must wait at the church. She is coming in the next car."

Georgina walked behind Anna and spoke "Yes sir, you need to take your leave."

Francesco looked past Anna at Georgina " Is that so?"

Georgina gulped and felt Francesco's stare intimidating her making her lose the will to talk back.

Anna sighed "Look. It's tradition. I am sorry."

Francesco turned to Anna "You and Georgina go down stairs now. I did not say I need to see her. I said I need to talk to her... alone." He emphasised on the word alone leaving no room for arguments.

Anna sighed and turned to Georgina "Let's go."

Adele watched Georgina and Anna leave as she was frozen in her spot. Her heart was ponding in her chest. What if Francesco came inside? She didn't want Francesco to see her. She wasn't superstitious to think it was bad luck but she just wanted Francesco to see her for the first time as she walked down to him at the aisle at the church. It felt right to do it that way.

As the girls left. Adele heard Francesco "Adele, are you alright?"

Adele walked to the door slowly and stood behind the half open door as she whispered "Yes, I am fine."

She heard him take a deep breath from where he was behind the door. "Do you still want to marry me?"

Adele couldn't help laugh and her words came out in a shaky tone "Of course. I have lost count how many times you have asked me if I am sure, this week. Why would I not want to marry you? I am suspicious. Have you found another girl you want to marry and trying to get rid of me?"

Francesco leaned to the door handle and spoke "Sweetheart, I am serious. It is not too late. If this is not what you want, you can cancel this wedding. I would wait as long as you need. I will wait patiently and try to make you love me enough to marry me. I know I want this more than you do. You can't deny that."

Adele took a deep breath "I want to marry you. I know once I marry you, life as a couple would be treating us differently but I want it. I want to share my life with you Francesco. I don't ever want to walk away from this marriage."

Adele could feel Francesco relaxing as the door handle was let go off and Francesco sighed in relief "You mean it sweetheart? I hope you do. I could never let you go. I want you by my side for eternity. I love you so much .... but I love you enough to give you time to adjust to me. I need you to be sure......."