58. Flying To The Unknown (Part 1)

Francesco was leaning to the wall as he had his arms wrapped around Adele's waist who had her back to Francesco touching his chest. They were watching Arturo and O'Neil playing billiard as Antonio and Costanzo were playing darts. The women were rooting for their men around the room. Angelo and Alessio were the outcasts who sat far from the games, just drinking and were watching others.

Angelo whispered to Alessio as he looked on " I really need to talk to Anna."

Alessio chuckled as he looked at him " Are you insane? Haven't you met Arturo yet? I think you have."

Angelo spoke " I have seen how possessively he looks at her and talks to her. I know full well what a jealous man he is even though I have just seen him. But I owe Anna an explanation and an apology. I need to get her alone to talk to her. But I don't want a confrontation with Arturo. This is a thanksgiving night. I don't want to ruin the party atmosphere. How do you think I should proceed?"

Alessio spoke " You don't proceed."

Angelo spoke " I am serious."

Alessio sighed " I will help you. I will distract him and you will ask Anna to step outside so you can talk to her. After that, you are on your own."

Angelo asked " How are you going to do that?"

Alessio shrugged " It's not that hard. But be quick." He then walked upto Arturo and O'Neil but stood at an angle that was opposite where Anna was standing so if Arturo faced him, Anna was not in his line of vision."

Alessio cleared his throat and spoke " Arturo I want to have an arm wrestling match with you."

Angelo couldn't believe what he heard but this was his best chance as he saw Arturo dropping his billiard stick " What did you just propose Alessio. I think I heard wrong."

Angelo quickly got Anna's attention as he walked to her and whispered " Can you step outside a minute."

Anna nodded in response and walked outside with him. Anna suggested " Lets go to a guest room so guards can't over hear us.

Angelo nodded.

Anna lead the way and opened a guest room door. As Angelo walked inside and Anna closed the door, Anna spoke " What do you want to talk about?"

Angelo turned around and faced Anna " I just want to say that I am sorry."

Anna crossed her arms over her chest " For what? For leaving me at that hotel without telling me what a risky action you were going to take or are you saying sorry for making Francesco to order me to marry Arturo to save you?"

Angelo looked down " I am sorry about everything. I had no idea about the consequences of my actions. I am sorry you are forced to be with Arturo."

Anna laughed " Look at me Angelo. Be a man."

Angelo looked up and then Anna continued " Look. There are no hard feelings. I forgive you for not trusting me enough to tell me about what kind of stunt you were planning. If you had told me what you were going to do then I could give you some advice that could avoid all that happened. It's really your sister you must apologise to. Not me. You came between Francesco and Adele whether you liked it or not. I hope one day you realise that this world of criminals is different to the world you come from. You need someone you can trust who can help you fit in and not let you make mistakes. You need a mentor. Probably Francesco didn't know what you were capable of, otherwise he would have watched you more closely...."

Angelo breathed " I know what I did was wrong. I know it now. Trusting Ambrogio was wrong."

Anna spoke " Don't be too hard on yourself. Adele is lucky to have you. You care for your sister. You tried to save her but maybe she doesn't need saving. You must now save yourself. Convince Francesco with your actions that you are loyal. Prove to him what you did was for Adele and I hope he lets you have a family. That's the harshest punishment he has given you. Living and dying alone is not a life you should be forced to live but a kind of life you should be able to choose to live. I hope you get a choice....."