48. A Thanksgiving ( Part 12)

Francesco was pacing the floor on his spot stretching the telephone cord as he was talking on the phone. He was speaking to Emanuelle O'Neil and he wasn't happy.

He sighed " You don't understand Emanuelle. I am not interested. I am not going to hand over Angelo to you as your personal doctor at any cost. He is my future brother in law. He is to remain at my compound."

He then rolled his eyes and he heard Emanuelle's excuses. He sat down behind his desk and put his feet up on the table as he spoke on the phone " Alright. So let me get this right. You are saying your wife faked her pregnancy to protect herself from your enemies when you were gone. You are saying she is not pregnant and you still need Angelo for what exactly?"

Francesco couldn't hold a chuckle in as he heard the answer. He shook his head " O'Neil, you don't need a family doctor to check on your wife night and day. You don't need Angelo. How would he help your situation. Your wife is going through a crisis right now because she has been having failed attempts to have a baby. Just keep at it. You are over reacting. She doesn't need a doctor to watch her 24/7 and give her advice on how to get pregnant." Francesco was getting sick and tired of this conversation. The only reason he was taking this call was because he knew Costanzo might have needed O'Neil that night and not answering his call was going to set O'Neil off. He didn't mind having more tension in the air between himself and O'Neil from time to time. He lived for the thrill of taking him on but right now he had to wait until another time to make him blow up by not answering his calls. He wanted Costanzo to have a shot at keeping Amaranta and he knew O'Neil was the man so he had to be compromising.

Francesco put down his foot on the floor and stood up as he spoke with impatience and finality in his voice " Alright. I have to get back to my woman now. Today is thanksgiving. I don't care about today but my woman does but alright, lets say that I am convinced. You need this favour. You owe me one O'Neil if I lend you Angelo. But it's not my decision to make. If Adele doesn't mind her brother moving into your mansion and be more scarce around my compound then it is a yes from me. If she says yes, you can have Angelo on part time basis until your wife gets pregnant and has a baby. By part time I mean that he would be immediately back to my compound when needed." He couldn't believe his own words. Why was he compromising again? He asked himself. Adele had changed his priorities completely.

Francesco sighed " Don't thank me yet. Adele must say the final yes. I will call you when I call you. Tell your wife to stop making a big deal. She is not the only woman in this world who is wishing for a baby. It takes time. Lets hope your first child is a son and the deed is done...."

Francesco then frowned " What do you mean by " Lets hope yours is a girl and my son falls for your daughter?" Over my dead body. I would not have your genes in my family O'Neil."

O'Neil wasn't hanging up and talking and Francesco was losing patience. Francesco punched his desk hard making the hard wooden desk shake " My blood will stay away from your gene pool. The last thing I need is my grandchildren sharing a lineage with you. My gene pool must remain sane. Your people are reckless. Too reckless. Good night O'Neil."

Francesco put the phone down soundly and left his office with heavy foot steps. He walked to his bedroom and slowly opened the door. He saw Adele in the same position he had left her before. She was laying on bed silently staring at the ceiling deep in thought silently. She looked at Francesco as he entered and visibly shook but managed to give him a smile.

Francesco walked to Adele and got on the bed and laid next to Adele facing her as she was looking into His eyes. Francesco leaned close and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. He then pulled away and reached his hand up and started stroking her hair.

This went on for minutes. She remained silent for a while looking at Francesco silently as she was biting her lip. Francesco was looking for a reaction. He wanted her to talk to him and make the first move. He wanted their relationship to go back to how it was.