Alex talks: same-sex marriage California

So, yes. Today, June 26th 2013, a U.S Supreme Court cleared the way for same-sex marriage to resume in California.

In this state, to this day, same-sex marriage was not only not allowed, it was forbidden. 

Not only do they now get the right to marry, the get the same rights as straight couples have these days. 

The Supreme Court made clear today that there's no basis for discrimination and that you have the right to marry. 

This is historical motherfuckers. This is fucking historical. We live in the 21st century and just now, just now, same-sex marriage is allowed in California, one of the most important states in the U.S.

This doesn't mean that same-sex marriage gets allowed everywhere, though. There are still states that don't let people marry if they are the same gender. Why? Because some idiots are so fucking close-minded that they have no idea what they're talking about.

There's no reason to not allow same-sex marriage in my eyes. It's discrimination to say that people can not marry if they were born with both a penis or both a vagina (to explain shit roughly). 

Sure, maybe speaking about this is easier for me because I have no religion, but really? Since when does trusting in your religion and finding strength in it, mean that you can't allow people to love? Since when are people not equal, as said in the Bible? Since when does allowing same-sex marriage mean that people all of the sudden want to marry their dog? 

We have to - we need to - keep fighting for the equal rights for gay people. I want to be people to look at my friends who accidentally like guys and know that they're allowed to marry anywhere and everywhere.

I don't want people to stare at them when they hold hands with their boyfriends or kiss them in public. I don't went them to be yelled at or called names, for the simple fact that they make love and not war. 

I will continue to fight for this. For the sake of every god damn friend I have that has been beaten up because of this stupid, close-minded thinking. For the sake of every person out there that wants to make the world a better place by spreading a bit of love, even if it's not in the way people think it's supposed to be spread.

And I swear if you dare to say anything bad about gay people or same-sex marriage, I hope a unicorn rips your organs out and drowns you in a rainbow-river. I hope you choke on the bright colors. 

Stay different.

- Alex