A massive, depressing sinkhole.

When something fucked up happens in the world I'm always contemplating whether or not I should write about. Partly because lately so much fucked up shit is happening that my whole book thing would become one depressed shit hole,  and partly because what difference does my opinion make in the sea of hashtags and trending topics anyway?

This is different. This is different not only because it happened in the US, but this is different because it targeted a group of people that I like. I don't like many people. That probably has to do with me, but I feel everybody has trust issues nowadays so I'm not really that special.

I have gay friends. Some of the people I care most about in my life are a part of the LGBT community. I have supported this community for years, as I genuinly feel that these people are honest, kind and loyal (basically everything I am not). 

A friend of mine recently told me that he feels that he has to be that way, because he's not accepted in society in the first place. He doesn't have the right to be a complete dickhead, because people would hate him even more. 

Besides that, I feel that LGBT people are just nice. They just are. They are loving, they are great friends. I have never heard one of them say that they hate me because I'm straight. 

Still, they get shot for it. Which is someting that pisses me off so fucking much. Sure, IS has said that it was all their plan, but that doesn't make it any difference. Just because some fucked up terrorist group decided to start shooting in a gay night club, doesn't mean that we normally are so incredibly nice to them. 

Because we're not.

Even on normal days when 50+ LGBT people and supporters are being brutally murdered, there are homosexuals, bisexuals and transgenders that are being bullied, discriminated, hit, called names and excluded from society. They are being judged, they have to watch everything they do and everything they say because somewhere in an old, messed up book it says that it is wrong to love someone from the same sex. The same book that writes that it's okay to rape and wrong to have tattoos on your body (for all those christians who are so eager to get a massive tattoo of a cross on their back).

Doesn't something seem incredibly wrong about the whole situation? Isn't it fucked up? Isn't it hypocritical? 

When things like this happen, mass shootings like this, it opens the eyes of the people for about a week. It's clear, the US has problems. Problems when it comes to job screenings, problems when it comes to the FBI watching people who can then go and shoot 50 people to death. Problems with gun laws (oh yes, I went there). 

I don't love this country. I don't feel a close relationship to the city I live in. Or the state. I don't feel a close connection to our leaders and our leaders to be. This is one of the reasons for that. The fact that things like this happen and people say how horrible it all is, to then defend their right to go out and buy a gun.

I understand that you feel like that is your right. But the fact that you can buy a gun, means messed up people can too. It means that the sons and daughters of gun owners have access to deadly firearms. It's not a good situation.

So what I am trying to say is that if we want these kind of things to stop, we need to actually start making changes. And those changes have nothing to do with the LGBT community, as they do absolutely nothing wrong. They're not hurting you, they're not doing anything that could possible fuck up your life, so leave them alone.

Instead we need to look at ourselves. As ourselves as people in a country that is slowly falling down a massive, depressing sinkhole.

You too can make a change, even if that means that you have to think twice about your rights and believes. We have all been brainwashed, please start to think for your fucking selves.

Stay different.

- Alex