an introduction I guess part II

I'm Alex. 

When I started this book I was 17, almost 18. 

I'm 19 now. 

A lot can change in almost 2 years. A person can change a lot in almost 2 years, but I'm not sure if I'm one of those people.

I've learned some new things. Like that living on your own is better than anything and that college is more work than you expect at first. I've also learned that I will never be one of those positive guys girls love. 

Or a guy girls love in general. 

I've learned that giving up smoking is really hard. That partying every weekend breaks you up, but is also one of those things that's very hard to quit.

I've learned that drinking a lot of Vodka makes people look nicer than they actually are. I've also learned that Vodka makes you bound with things like the floor. 

I've discovered my talent, which is Beer Pong. I've also learned that my dog and I can have extremely deep conversations, where I talk to him about the meaning of life and he licks my face. 

I've learned that time doesn't heal all wounds. Almost two years ago it was two years ago that Mason died. That's now almost four. Four years and I can still feel the wounds ache inside if I think about him.

I've learned that even Skittles get boring. Who would've thought. 

I've also learned that coffee doesn't get boring. Never. I think there's more coffee than blood rushing through my veins.

I've learned that Kyran is a cool roommate. He cleans a lot and he can cook pretty well, so basically he's my cleaner and my cook. Which is kind of amazing. 

I've also learned that one of the most important things is that your roommate shares your music taste, so you can piss your neighbours off by blasting very loud music. 

I've learned that you can apparently make friends though the internet on a site where people write One Direction fan fics. No offense to you One Direction fans. I guess. 

Yeah, you guys are pretty cool.

Also, I've noticed that even if you don't graduate the first time, you probably will the second time. I mean, look at me. My dad thought I would end up somewhere in a ditch (which I still sometimes do).

My dad thinks I'm an alcoholic.

I've changed my carreer path from tattoo artist to therapist. See, a lot can change in almost 2 years. I'm now doing a 4 year course Psychology.

This is already more than my dad has ever expected of me, so he leaves me be. 

I've learned that you need a handful friends and that more than that will get dangerous. The more friends, the more chance you've stumbled upon the wrong people. The liars, fakers, cheaters. 

I've learned that the Asshole Gang is still strong after these two years and probably will for way longer, even though we're all going our own way.

I've learned that even though we though Rayne would get a girl pregnant, he still hasn't. Which must mean something. Anything. 

I've learned that drugs will fuck you up and that you need to stay away from them. I've seen what they do to your close friends. It will change you into something you're not. 

I've learned that getting a job with an attitude like mine is quite hard, but that they need people to take your order everywhere. So, anything you'd like to drink, m'am?

I wouldn't say that working is anything for me, because it's not really. But an old lady called me a "nice young man" so I'm confused. Maybe old ladies are attracted to me. 

Gay bars are funny. That's something I've learned. Thanks to Chase. So in case you're thinking about going to one, you won't regret it. There are a lot of girls too. In case you happen to not be gay. 

If you're a guy though, you will get hit on.

By guys. 

I've learned that getting hit by a car hurts a shitload, so watch out for cars, kids. Don't race your friends on your skateboard, because that shit's dangerous.

I've learned that I've been able to stick to this site longer that I thought I would. Just like I'd never expected that I would ever write something on here. 

I don't have the writing talent. It has clearly turned out that Kyran is the writer here and ofcourse we're all really fucking proud of him. 

I'm not sure what I want to tell you with this chapter. Maybe I just started sharing shit, maybe I just want to update the people who care on some things that have happened.

If you want me to write or rant about anything, just let me know. I will. I don't have a lot to do. Except for working and going to college and drinking too much. Now I think about, that's actually quite a lot. 

Stay different.

- Alex