I Am Your Hero Yet You Treat Me As The Villain

Lord Sozeni butted in, "How about we shifted the blame to the noble faction? We can argue that the samples are fabricated. He's a magician. The people will think it's a farce from the noble faction to destroy the second prince since the Hunt is coming."

Lady M nodded. She was probably considering the idea which made Tori internally smile. Though this was just her backup plan, the results of this one could still benefit Tori in the long run.

It is still okay for me. They can prosecute Oswald as long as they will give me an opening to prosecute the Marquess and the Duke. It is still a win-win situation for me, so go on.

"That is too risky. We are like defending this commoner when everyone in the palace knew what she was doing with the second prince. This plan is a double-edged sword." Lord Helisos interrupted everyone from considering the second plan.

Upon realizing the recuperations of the plan, Lady M's sullen face returned.

Lord Wolfgang glanced at Tori before speaking about his suggestion. His tone was adamant after witnessing the entire ordeal. "How about we shift our blame to the commoner? After all, this was all her fault that was taken advantage of by the noble faction. Let us prosecute her while claiming that Prince Corean has nothing to do with her."

Tori finally looked at the aristocratic faction's leader, Prince Corean, who was just silent the whole time. His cold eyes regarded Lord Wolfgang which made the latter pale.

"Our main concern is to help Tessa. She's innocent in all of this chaos. I am the one that brought this into her."

Oh, if you only know my dearest prince. Your beloved brother controls Tessa. I am the fucking hero yet here I am, still being treated as a villainess.

Lady M was clearly displeased with the second prince's resolve. So she faced Tori who was just listening to the entire discussion while calmly sipping her favorite tea.

"Lady Victoria, I would like to hear your thoughts about this."

Tori's brows raised but she did set her teacup down to answer Lady M. "I agree with the second prince. He's the one who brought this into her so why prosecute the poor soul? That's the noble faction's job. But, your highness, have you ever considered that Tessa is being used to bargain with you? A bargain like, surrender your claim to the throne and they will spare your beloved Tessa."

Chaos erupted inside the room but a raging storm between Prince Corean and Tori was also brewing as they looked at each other challengingly. "Your reason would cause further shackles for Tessa. Be careful Lady Victoria. You're treading on thin ice."

Am I, your highness? Whose life is at stake now?

Smiling like there was nothing wrong with her claims, Tori answered with her sugary voice. "I am only stating my honest opinion, your highness. Please do forgive my impertinence. But if I may, I have another concern."

"What is it?" Lady M and Prince Corean spoke at the same time. All chaos around them stopped when they saw how serious the leader of the aristocratic faction was.

"Should you give in when that bargain happens, I want his highness to know that it is not just your life on the line or the people around this table but Queen Aurina's as well."

The momentary shock that passed his eyes made Tori laugh inside her malicious mind but she added some sugarcoated words immediately. Clapping her hands while smiling sweetly around her, Tori spoke nonchalantly. "Though these are all my speculations."

Lady M's attempt to ask again was interrupted when the door suddenly burst open. A royal knight under the second prince came in with frantic eyes and a heaving chest.