Chapter Seven

"Michael Clifford [singer and lead guitarist of 5 Seconds of Summer] was recently seen holding hands with a guy who is known as the up and coming singer and youtuber Troye Sivan. The two were out in L.A. shopping and eating lunch together when fans of both singers found them and managed to get a few pictures. Neither of them seem to have confirmed or denied the questions being throwing at them about being in a relationship. Is this the start of a beautiful? We sure hope so."

Michael scoffed as he read over the articles and headlines with his name appearing everywhere he looked. All of it was about his newfound "relationship" with Troye. Everyone was buzzing about the news except his bandmates and some of the bands fans. None of them seemed to believe what was going on. Michael couldn't even bear to turn his phone off do not disturb. He didn't want to see the countless phone calls and voicemails from Luke. Michael didn't want to see Calum and Ashton sending him rude messages or telling him how Luke is taking all of this. He didn't want to enter reality.  Staying hidden in his new apartment sounded much better to him at the moment.

There was a knock at the front door and Michael wanted to believe it was Troye and he got locked out, but the brunet is still sound asleep in his room. Michael wasn't sure who it would be since they just moved into this place a few days ago and no one knew they lived here yet, or so he assume. Michael pulled himself off the couch and made his way over to the front door to look out the peephole. There was a boy standing there with his phone in hand. Michael didn't recognize him but he proceeded to open the door to see what he wanted. 

"Um, hello?" Michael said, the door half way open where he stood blocking the view of the inside. "Is there something I can help you with?"

The boy turned his gaze from his phone screen to Michael staring at him with curious eyes. "Yeah, is Troye home? He said to stop by a little earlier so we could grab brunch together." 

"And you are?" Michael asked, still a bit unsure who he was talking to. 

"Oh yeah, uh, I'm Connor. Troye's kinda my best friend." He said sheepishly, clasping his hands in front of him. 

"Connor Franta?"

"The one and only." He chuckled. "Is Troye home or even awake?"

Michael laughed lightly, opening the door a bit more to look the boy over that stood in front of him. He sort of remembers Troye mentioning him a few times, but he didn't know this is what he looked like. Michael could clearly tell he was attractive and his personal gaydar going off and maybe Troye has a little secret of his own that needed to be covered up as well and that's why their in this predicament together, even though he never mentioned it. It was clearly a secret for a reason. Just like his situation with Luke...

"Oh, he's asleep still but you can come in and make yourself at home or if you prefer to go wake him up be my guest."

Connor brushed past Michael and walked into the living room and waited for Michael to appear beside him. "Which one is his room?" he asked, glancing at Michael with his ever changing eyes. They reminded Michael of Luke's... Everything reminded him of his beautiful boyfriend and it made his heart clench and make him feel as if it were breaking all over again. 

"First door on the left."

"Thanks, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot more of you."

Michael gave him a tight smile and went back to the couch where he could continue to mope about how awful his life was at the moment. He went back onto twitter and that was a mistake. His timeline was full of recent tweets of Luke's and it made him feel awful. 

This was all his fault and he wanted to swoop in and take away the sadness his boyfriend was feeling, but then he'd ruin everything. The band, Luke's dream of creating music, Calum and Ashton's dreams of being the best live band, he'd ruin it all because of his relationship status with his band mate. The past few days he gave it all a lot of thought and he kept wondering if him leaving the band would really change a lot. Luke would still have him by his side, but not on stage. "Fuck," Michael muttered to himself. "Why can't life be simple...?"

Michael groaned loudly as tears started to brim at his eyes, burying his face in the couch cushion. The room around his grew quiet as he heard soft giggles coming from Troye's room and he was jealous. Jealous of the fact Troye had a special someone that no one quite knew about and could still talk to him while Michael was stuck breaking his lovers heart as every moment went by. Michael knew he was supposed to make an appearance with Troye at his band practice tonight and he wasn't ready to face his best friends and Luke. He's been dreading it since Jennifer brought it up yesterday and as much tried to forget it was happening it made him feel like shit.

Michael wasn't ready to see the anger and confusion from his friends. The tears from Luke. He wasn't prepared for the questions they'll ask or why this is happening. He won't have answers for Luke on why he "cheated" and why the said boy he cheated on Luke with is right front of him. Michael didn't have the answers to their unanswered questions for later and that terrified him. 

////

wow this is so shitty and all over the place i'm so sorry omg, but i wanted to write. it's been a couple weeks and i'm ready to get back into the groove of thing.

i'm also tronnor trash okay so don't be a dick if you don't like that ship, it's in here for the purpose of troye's character (and myself) (-: