Chapter Thirty-Eight

Michael wasn't going to board any plane. Especially one that would take him back Australia.

He wasn't going to leave Luke, nor was he going to leave his best friends, or his life behind. Michael wasn't going to abide by any of Jennifer's rules, he's no longer under her authority and doesn't have to do anything she's asked him to do. If anything he could drag Luke out into the middle of the city and kiss him for the world to see.

Once they arrived at L.A.X. the bodyguard barely stood a chance against Michael as sprinted out of the car and down the strip of the airport to find another taxi to haul himself into.

"Hurry! I need to get to this place as soon as possible." Michael pleaded, shoving a piece of paper with his address on it to the driver. He could see the bodyguard Jennifer sent with him looking around the area with a phone pressed to his ear. "Please hurry."

The driver nodded and pulled out onto the main road, it was a relatively good hour of the day to be driving in Los Angeles and they got out of the traffic smoothly without any problems.

Michael probably resembled a crazy man to the driver, his hair was a mess and his clothes wrinkled from when he was man-handled by security.

The driver kept glancing back in his mirror with brows furrowed as he looked at Michael. "You look familiar."

"I do?" Michael questioned, not really in the mood to explain to this driver that he was in a band.

"Yeah, I just can't quite place my finger on it."

"That's strange." Michael shrugged, leaning back in his seat to get comfortable. He was no longer on edge about being caught and he could finally breathe.

"Do you take taxis from the airport frequently? Maybe I've driven you before?"

Michael hummed in response, he was ready to get home and back to Luke to explain everything. "I travel for my job, so maybe..."

////

Once Michael was home and out of the taxi he bolted up the front steps of his apartment and stumbled his way through his home, knocking a few things over in his way.

When he opened the door to his room there laid Luke, he was still passed out on the bed. He had one of Michael's shirts scrunched up and pressed against his face and Michael couldn't help but coo at the sight. It reminded his of when they first started dating and when they first shared a bed together as lovers and not as friends. Luke always had to have his nose pressed against Michael to breathe in his scent and know he was there.

It made Michael's heart flutter.

Making his way over to the bed Michael gently leaned over to shake Luke awake. As much as he wanted to let the blond rest they have some more important things to attend to. One of them being he's no longer in the band that he helped create, that right now he's supposed to be on a flight back home but he's not, and the fact Jennifer could show up any minute and that thought scared Michael.

"Hmmph, let me sleep Mikey." Luke whined, swatting away at the faux blonds hand.

Michael rolled his eyes. Pushing Luke over Michael sat down on the edge of the bed and started to run his fingers through Luke's messy blond locks, easing him awake.

Michael missed this, just everything about Luke. The crave to just touch him in the most innocent ways while sitting in bed in the morning. Nothing is perfect between them yet, a few more talks and time will do them good, but right now all Michael wanted was to soak up this moment and forget about the problems they're facing.

"Plwease," Luke mumbled in his pillow, "I need 5 more minutes of sleep."

"I'm sorry," Michael chuckled, "but something happened and I really need you awake."

Luke huffed but sat up anyway. Michael's wadded up shirt still in hand as he situated himself against the headboard and his legs laying across Michael's lap. "What's so important?"

"Umm... Long story short I met with Jennifer two hours ago and she kicked me out of the band, off the label, and management. She also tried to fly me back to Sydney, but as soon as I got to the airport I bolted to the line of taxis and got the fuck out of there."

Luke gasped, eyes wide in fear. "She tried to send you back home? That can't be legal! None of this can! What the fuck!"

"That's what I'm saying, none of this seems legal, but it's been happening and we need to put a stop to it... I just don't know how." Michael sighed, running his hands over his face in frustration. "Taking them to court seems almost ridiculous because even with our evidence they're a powerful company with the money to put an end to use for good."

"Then so be it." Luke shrugged, scooting closer to Michael and wrapping his arms around the faux blonds torso. "I think the world would be okay without 5 seconds of summer."

Michael smiled sadly, holding Luke a little closer. "The world might, but we wouldn't be. It's our lives. We don't have anything else going for us."

"We'd make it work." Luke reassured.

"We shouldn't have too."

////

shits about to hit the fan everyone

I didn't like leaving you guys on a cliffhanger so  since I didn't have class today I wrote this real quick before I leave to go babysit. So please ignore any mistakes.

I'm trying to update as frequently as possible, but some weeks I'm very limited with time and I'm swarmed with assignments and homework so please be considerate of that and not send me a lot of messages asking me to update, thank you❤️

LET ME HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS? this chapter was a little more lighthearted...

Michael not leaving? (Can't believe y'all really thought he would smh)

Michael and Luke being more affectionate? Still working out problems between them?

Luke saying he'd be okay without 5sos if it meant everything was okay between them?

Thanks for reading lovelies❤️