Chapter Eleven

"Luke?" Michael whispered, staring wide eyed at the blond in front of him. Jennifer had sent them out to get more recognition after she heard what happened at band practice. If the band doesn't get anything done what was the point of her job? Jennifer needed them to stay on top of things and she needed Michael to not screw things up on his end. "You can't be here." Michael blurted out after a moment of them staring one another down.

"Is it because you're here with him?" Luke questioned. Leaving his sunglasses on to keep himself from showing any of his true emotions toward Michael. Luke wanted to get straight to the point without breaking down.

"I-I–yes, it's because I'm out with my-my boyfriend." Michael stumbled over his words, mentally cursing at himself for fucking up. He had to get Luke to believe this lie and he was failing drastically.

Troye appeared from behind Michael with his never faltering smile. Waving at Luke and asking him about his day and how it was fancy running into him here. Troye was an overflowing cup of joy to be around, but Luke couldn't bring himself to like the boy. Main reason being he stole his boyfriend away or something along the lines of that. Luke still hasn't figured out the situation.

"I wish I could say the same." Luke muttered, rolling his eyes behind his dark shades. "So, how long did you say you two were dating?"

"Listen, Luke, we're kind of in a hurry, but I'll talk to you later." Michael said, voice monotone and it looked as if it hurt him to say those words. Luke felt helpless about his theories on why Michael was suddenly this way. Luke couldn't find it in himself to believe the boy who held every ounce of his heart in his hands was suddenly this person. The boy who taught him how to play guitar. The boy who showed Luke a different side of life, of love. Luke was left bewildered.

"Will you really? I've been trying to get ahold of you for days. What happened? Did I do something to you? You left without even leaving a note and I'm left here to figure out everything on my own. Ash and Cal think you're an asshole and want nothing to do with you, but I don't quite believe this act."

Troye had stayed off to the side after he had said his few short words to the blond, he was talking to Connor knowing he had to give Michael this short moment with Luke to him or it'd look even more suspicious between the two. Troye had heard a partial part of Luke's words, smiling to himself. Luke didn't believe any of this and even though it was his job to play this part in attempt to tear them apart, he felt joyous that Luke knew Michael better than anyone and could tell something wasn't right.

"I forgot to tell you my phone was broken," Michael shrugged, biting at his lower lip to contain himself. "And I'm not exactly sure what act you're talking about...?"

Luke let out a loud obnoxious sound from his lips, looking at the faux blond in front of him. "Incredible," Luke clapped, shaking his head is disbelief. "This is fantastic acting. Now, am I being punk'd? Is someone going to jump out with a camera and you'll tell me what's going on?"

"Luke," Michael's voice wavered a bit. "This isn't an act. I don't where you're getting that from, but this is one hundred percent me right now."

"My boyfriend wouldn't cheat on me and leave me with no closure. Wouldn't get up and pack all his things and leave without saying another word. My boyfriend, the one I've known for over ten years, who I know better than myself, wouldn't do this to me. You want to know why? He loves me to the moon and back. Got it inked on his skin forever as a reminder. That is why I have a hard time believing this is really you right now, not someones puppet."

Luke pushed his sunglasses to rest on top of his head, there were tears welling up in his eyes whilst staring Michael down. Luke needed him to say something. Anything to convince him otherwise.

"You must not know me well enough." And that's when Luke's whole world fell apart beneath his feet. Michael was showing no emotion and Luke couldn't believe it, this was the end for them as much as he couldn't believe it.

"You don't mean that." Luke choked, willing himself away to not touch Michael.

"I cheated, okay? We're done, I'm sorry I didn't give you the closure you deserved from the start, but I didn't want to hurt you anymore than what I have already. I-I don't love you, Luke. Please, just move on."

"No, no, no! This isn't you!" Luke gasped, angrily rubbing at his face to stop the tears. Here he was earlier yelling at his best friends who thought he was delusional about this situation when they were right.

Troye appeared next to Michael, lancing his fingers through his own. "We gotta go." He mumbled, giving Luke a sad smile. Not liking this as much as the next person.

"I'll see you at practice tomorrow." Michael said, tugging Troye along with him. Michael needed out of there before he became a puddle of tears.

Luke whimpered, staring at Michael jade green eyes as he walked away. He saw nothing in them to reassure him of anything and it hurt. "Michael, please don't do this. You don't mean this."

"I'm sorry," Michael mumbled, but he was already far too gone for Luke to hear.

////

are you crying because I'm crying?

let me know your thoughts!!!!!

thanks for reading!