Chapter Forty

They didn't have a plan.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

All they wanted at this point was freedom and they were determined to get some.

The four boys made their way through the building and up to the floor in which Jennifer's office sat. Michael was terrified of the outcome, he just wanted to be himself and continue loving Luke for as long as he possibly could. At this point he'd give up everything else left to have Luke back, but he can't speak for the rest of them. Not when this band is their lives, without it they'd all have nothing, but they always find a way through rough patches. Even the rough patches in which Michael isn't legally bounded to their band anymore.

"Oh, hi boys. I was expecting you four any day now. Please do come in, have a seat. Help yourself to some coffee if you please." Michael snarled at her, rolling his eyes at her fake attitude and way she held herself when they were all together. Almost as if they'd think Michael has been lying all this time about her being the devil.

But thank God for Ashton. "Cut the shitty fake act."

"Excuse me?" She was appalled and slightly baffled that it was Ashton to call her out. Ashton was always the breath of fresh air amongst the group and if he's angry you know something is wrong.

"We're here for one reason and you know exactly what it's for."

"Oh, really? Please enlighten me." She hummed, waving her hand in a gesture for us to start talking.

"Apparently our incredible guitarist isn't in our band anymore. The band you simply manage. I don't see how you have control over who's in it. We created this band years ago, you don't own us. You work for us. And all the shitty things you made Michael do in order to have Luke broken-hearted, while dating an insane worker of yours without with his knowledge, is fucked up." Ashton told her as calmly as possible. "Now, if you don't mind us we no longer feel the need to be signed to this management. We'll find one who cares more about our wellbeing than the money."

They are stared at Ashton in amazement, having come in here with no plan whatsoever, but he pulls this out of his ass somehow left them completely speechless.

Until, Jennifer ruined it again. She began to laugh at them. "Is that what you want? To be left without management? To have a band who can no longer work together without drama? No one else will sign you. I can go through a lot of legal action to keep you here under contract. This isn't a childish game, boys. You're in the real world now."

"We can find someone else to manage us. A place who doesn't judge or ridicule us for the ones we love. Even if it takes a few years. The people we have supporting us will understand and we can get away from all of your bullshit antics." Ashton crossed his arms across his chest, staring at the women in front of them. They weren't going to leave until she knew they weren't coming back."

"You think it's that easy?"

"No... we know it'll be hard, but we're in this together, right guys?" Ashton asked, getting an unanimous "fuck yeah" from the other.

"Alright. I'll let you leave. It's less stress on me, since we barely made money from your awful band. Don't come crying back to me then. You're no longer associated with our management and good luck failing out in the real world, children." Jennifer smiled. Standing in front of her desk she smoothed out her skirt, folding her hands in front of her and she watched as band rejoiced and hugged each other.

"We'll be on our way now." Ashton smiled, sending a way over his shoulder. Calum sped up to link arm with the honey haired boy and Michael and Luke waited till they were out of sight to link hands in front of Jennifer.

Michael grinned deviously, "Fuck you. I hope you choke on a dick. Wait, no not even that, you don't deserve to choke on anything that delicious." Michael winked, and turned around tugging Luke along.

"I hope you have a shitty life!" Luke chuckled, laughing as he and Michael ran down the halls to exit the prison they've been signed to for far too long.

"Now... to celebrate."
////

Hey guys, I know it's been a very long time since I last updated. I MISSED YOU ALL!!!!! Even if you probably hate me lol

I know I kept saying I'd update and I hadn't. I honestly haven't had any free time to do much. I'm in college full time and I work part time, and when I'm not busy I'm working on homework, and there's lots of it!

This story is my baby though and I'm not going to leave it unfinished. You can count on that. It's almost over anyway, so I predict maybe a few more chapters depending on how much I condense them down. But I promise you it'll get finished.

I love you guys a lot! Thank you for sticking around and reading my stories even when I've been MIA!

I guess let me know your thoughts?

Anything you'd want to happen within the last few chapters that I could've missed? (Because I've had to reread some of the story since it's been awhile omg)

AGAIN I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH