Epilogue

haha I know it's been a year and y'all have probably forgotten this book, but here's the end

////

They were free from their management.

Free from all the strings pulling them in the wrong direction.

Now... now they could be everything that they strived to be and more.

They weren't just a band. They were brothers, not by blood, but by friendship. They'd stuck by one another for years, through all the troubles that have come their way, and each obstacle, they conquer it together. An insane management team wasn't going to be what ended 5 Seconds of Summer.

"What're you thinking about?" Luke mumbled, moving closer into Michaels side. Their hands were laced together, the soft hum of music playing in the background. You could hear distant chattering from outside. All of their friends gathered around for a celebration.

"How lucky I am... to have you... to have the boys. I'm the luckiest man in the world and no one can ever take that from me." Michael hummed, pressing a light kiss to Luke's forehead.

"No one can ever take me away from you. Not again, not ever. I'll make sure of it."

"They better not," Michael chuckled, pulling Luke closer and soaking in the moment of them being alone. None of their drunks friends have stumbled inside from the warmth of the fire, and the abundance of marshmallows to roast over the open flame. And, Michael was okay with that. He wanted to soak in the moment of them being alone for a bit longer. He didn't get to hold Luke for what felt like months, and now he's not sure how he did it. "This feels so right."

"Mmhmm" the blond boy hummed.

"Thanks for not hating me too much. Troye was actually a great guy, I think you two would get along great." Michael winked.

"Well, we do share some similarities." Luke rolled his eyes. "But we'll see, I'm not making any promises. I just want to spend some time with you and the boys for now."

"Understandable." Michael nodded.

"I love you."

"I love you."

"Don't be such a sap." Luke huffed.

Michael rolled his eyes, nudging the blond next to him. "You said it first."

"Yeah. Whatever. Let's just lay here for the rest of the night." Luke yawned. "And forget about the drunks outside."

"I like your thinking, Hemmings."

"Not the only think you like." Luke laughed, eyes bright with amusement. "Kidding...sort of."

Michael shook his head in disbelief, pulling the blond closer. They laid there for the rest of the night in each other's arms, truly forgetting about the rest of the world. Because as long as they had one another, that's all that mattered.

////

HELLO! I haven't posted on here for a year. I'm very sorry about that, life hit me all at once. Practically a full time job, even though I'm part time, I have college, and the lovely assignments that come with it.
And I'm not into 5sos as much anymore, maybe it's because there's not new music or I'm just getting old lol.
Anyway, if someone does end up reading this, thank you. y'all have showed me continuous support through my years here on Wattpad, and I'll never know how to repay you. ❤️