Chapter Thirty-Seven

Michael stared at his phone, a missed phone call, email, and text message all from Jennifer.

He was terrified.

Ignoring Jennifer probably isn't the best option, but Michael doesn't know how to face her. Facing her means facing what the outcome of his future will be and he's not ready to be kicked out of the band. He's isn't ready to be left alone and have to go back home. Without the band he can't afford to live in California, he'd be broke within the next few months.

Running his fingers through his hair in frustration, Michael looked over to his left to see Luke curled up into a ball on the bed. Luke was at peace, in his own dream filled world and Michael didn't dare disturb him.... even if he might only have a short amount of time left with Luke and his best friends. But Michael didn't want to think like that. He didn't want to face the reality of this situation.

Michael phone vibrated again, signaling another phone call from their management. It was now or never, he had to suck it up, answer the call and deal with his consequences. "Hello?" Michael said wearily, exiting his bedroom so Luke could continue to sleep in peace. They had a long night filled with tears and countless apologies that Michael still doesn't know how to take in.

"Well, it's about time you answered your damn phone Mr. Clifford." Jennifer scolded, Michael could practically picture her sitting at her desk, legs crossed, a latte to her right, and a nail file in her free hand.

"I have other things to do than sit around and chat with you." Michael shot back even though he was terrified right now, his legs were shaking and he wasn't quite sure how he hadn't collapsed to the floor yet.

"Is that so? What are these other things you've been attending to?"

Michael slid down the wall in the hallway, his legs finally giving out underneath him. He was trembling, but he needed to stay calm. She can't know how terrified he is about what's to come next it'll only make it worse. Jennifer will only use it against him.

"Family matters. Y'know people who are in the public eye have those? We aren't some puppet to be tossed around for everyone else's pleasure." Michael sneered.

"Hmm, I'd like to think otherwise." Jennifer said. Michael could faintly hear the sound of a pen clicking on the other side. "Now, I called you for a different purpose. You haven't been following your side of the contract, Michael... This comes with consequences and one's you won't be fond of. See you in my office in an hour, I'll send a car to fetch you."

////

Michael left Luke a note on his pillow and several text messages for him to wake up to. Michael didn't want the blond to think he left again, not after the trauma he put him through last time. Everything from now on would be handled with caution around Luke until they're both okay and can forgive and forget about everything that has happened.

"Nice of you to join me today, Michael."

"Likewise." Michael muttered, slouching back in his seat. Every bad scenario of what could happen today was running through the faux blonds head. Michael just wanted to go back to the day those photos were taken and make sure that it never happened. If they weren't so careless he'd be having a lazy morning in bed with Luke, they'd get up around noon and make breakfast together with music blasting throughout the apartment, Luke would use the wooden spoon as a microphone and everything would be okay in their lives. It would be what it's always been. It would be Michael and Luke against the world.

"Now, it's come to my attention that Luke recently dumped his girlfriend and that's something we can't have. Hailey was hired by my team to help distract your friend from the real problem at hand.. you. You broke everything on that contract. I know all of the boys know about your decisions and fake relationship, I know Calum wants to take legal action. Luke mentioned it to that girlfriend of his since her dad is conveniently a lawyer." Jennifer smiled, crossing her legs as she sat back in her desk chair. "I know everything and you're not getting away with it."

Michael flew out of his seat, pulling at his hair in frustration. "What...? How? She-Hailey was apart of your team? You're fucking insane, if Luke knew this he'd never be able to trust anyone ever again. You sick twisted bitch!"

"Maybe think twice before going against a contract you signed."

"I never wanted to sign it in the first place!" Michael shouted. "I just wanted to be able to love my boyfriend and be in a band with my best friends. We weren't causing any harm."

"No one wants to see two band members together." Jennifer said as if she knew what teenagers loved these days. Michael rolled his eyes and slammed his hands down on top of her desk.

"You clearly don't look through tweets from our fanbase." Michael laughed humorlessly. "It's 2016 things have changed and people don't care about who dates who."

"Fanbase?" Jennifer cocked her head to the side.

"Yeah, we have a fanbase... Are you ever certified to run a management?" Michael asked in confusion.

"Well, I know the band 5 Seconds of Summer... They have a fanbase, lots of loyal fans, but you? You don't."

Michael froze, eyes wide in fear. "What?"

"Heres your one way ticket back home to Sydney." Jennifer slide a folder full of legal documents stating the reasons he's being dropped from the band and management.

"This has to be a joke!"

"You signed a contract and you didn't follow it. You're lucky I'm not taking further legal action."

"No, no, no!" Michael cried.

"Have a nice life, Michael! I'll make sure your Lukey is fine. Your things will be shipped back to Australia and I'll have someone drop you off at the airport to make sure you've boarded the flight."

"You can't be serious! I won't take any of this! You have to let me say goodbye at least."

"You have too, and you will! You can send them a text message saying you quit and that's it. Now leave my office before I call security." Jennifer rose from her seat and pointed to the door.

"No!"

"Security!" Jennifer yelled. Seconds later a tall built man was dragging Michael out of the building and throwing him into a car to take him to L.A.X..

////

well, well, well.....

that was an emotional rollercoaster to write omg

LET ME HERE ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND THEORIES

michael and luke waking up in the same bed👀

Michael ignoring Jennifer's calls?

Jennifer declaring he's out of the band? Sending him back home?

Michael not getting to tell anyone goodbye?

I LOVE YOU GUYS THANKS FOR READING