Chapter Thirty-Nine

When Ashton knocked on Michael's apartment door the last person he expected to be standing on the other side was Luke. The same Luke that was heartbroken and in another relationship just a few days ago, but now standing in one of Michael's old t-shirts and boxers and a sheepish smile on his face as Ashton glanced over him with a confused look.

"Umm," Luke shifted awkwardly on the balls of his feet. "It's a long story."

"Uh huh," Ashton nodded, looking at the blond in amusement. "It's been awhile since you've been laid, I get it."

Whining, Luke held his hands over his cheeks in embarrassment. "Stop... that's not what happened, just get inside before my naked self ends up on the front page of a magazine."

Ashton laughed, pushing past the blond and into the kitchen where he knew he'd find Michael. "Care to explain what's happening? Cal and I feel so out of it right now. I didn't even know you and Michael were talking again."

Luke shrugged, shutting the front door and following behind his best friend.

Michael turned around in his seat from where he was eating his breakfast to see Luke following behind Ashton. The worry lines and red eyes were enough to make Ashton rush over to his friend and pull him close. Their situation was a mess and no one deserved what Michael was put through for simply loving someone.

"What happened, Mikey?" Ashton asked softly. "You look like you haven't slept in a few days."

"I'm no longer in the band." Michael cried, clinging tighter to Ashton. Luke watched sadly from the side, Michael needed them all more than anything right now. He needed his best friends to keep him strong while they all figured out how to keep the peace. "I fucked everything up and now I have to deal with the consequences."

"Michael none of this is your fault. It's Jennifer who's done all of this shit." Luke said, for the hundredth time today, but he'd say it a thousand times if it got Michael to believe the words he was saying.

"She can't kick you out of the band! What the fuck is wrong with her?" Ashton felt Michael cling a little tighter.

"She did!" Michael exclaimed, pulling back to look at his best friend, briefly wondering where Calum was since they're usually glued to one another side, but he pushed that thought aside and tried to calm himself down so he could explain the rest to Ashton. He didn't deserve being left in the dark. "That bitch tried to force me onto a flight back to Sydney, too! I don't think I've ever ran so fast in my life when the car pulled up to L.A.X."

Ashton pulled back and stared at Michael with wide eyes and an unreadable expression. "Fuck this." he wiggled his way out of Michael's grip and almost sprinted for the front door.

"Where are you going?" Michael and Luke asked, concern lacing their tone as they followed quickly behind Ashton. With the state that he was in they hadn't had a clue what he'd do once he walked out of the apartment.

"To take care of this."

////

Calum came stomping out of his apartment, grumbling under his breath when he saw Ashton parked on the curb waiting for him. All Calum knew was they had to go take care of something for Michael and Luke, but Calum was irritated that he had to get out of bed.

Yanking open the passenger side door Calum grumbled some more before even looking at Ashton. "You weren't next to me when I woke up... this was supposed to be our lazy day."

"Uh-"

"Don't try to defend yourself. I was looking forward to some morning cuddles and kisses, but what do you know, I wake up to an empty bed, again!"

"Calum-"

"Fuck you."

"Sounds like he already did." Luke giggled front the backseat, taking Calum by surprise.

"You didn't tell me they'd be in the car with you!" Calum shouted, looking terrified at his two best friends that were sitting a foot away with smug grins on their faces.

"Don't speak before you take in your surroundings then!" Ashton fought back, he was already angry about having to even settle a situation like this with their management, but now Calum opened his mouth and spilled their secret to the boys. They don't want to end up like Michael and Luke, they thought about letting everyone know, but the moment they ruined Michael's life they knew it could wait till further on into the future.

"So, when were you going to tell us?" Luke grinned, leaning forward so his chin was resting on the side of Calum's seat.

"Shut up, Hemmings." Calum grumbled sliding down in his seat while Ashton started the car again before pulling away from the curb.

"Hey, save the attitude for when you help fight Jennifer and take their asses to court." Luke pressed, pinching Calum's shoulder and smiling when the maori boy let out a loud yell.

Luke scooted back in his seat, resting his side up against Michael like they used to when they had long band road trips across the country. Back when they were only starting out and had no money to get them anywhere. Michael held back from wrapping Luke up in his arms and never letting him go when he leaned against his side. The urge to press kisses and the want to wrap his arm around the blond was there, but they were still in the early stages of fixing thing between each other. Moving too fast could ruin so many things between them, and that's the last thing Michael wanted. He just got Luke back, losing him again is the last thing he wants.

"We're almost there." Ashton announced, pulling Michael away from his thoughts.

"What's the game plan?" Luke asked, wiggling around in his seat. He wanted to end this feud once and for all so they don't have to suffer anymore.

"Uh, well, I don't really have one." Ashton admitted, earning a chorus of groans from his friends.

"You have nothing? What were you expecting to do? Just waltz right in there and start a riot? That won't work." Michael shook his head in disbelief.

"Just... have faith in me. We'll figure this out."

////

Hey guys. Long time no see.

Sorry it's been like a month since I've updated anything. I've been extremely busy with college and when I do have a break from it, all I want to do is sleep or read. I finished a bunch of my stuff that I have that's due on Wednesday so I had a break and I've been writing this over the past few days.
I'm super sorry if it seems choppy, I'm not completely happy with it, but not writing for a month really screwed me over.

Thoughts?

Ashton getting angry over the news?

Storming out of Michael's apartment?

Cashton?

Not having a game plan?

I love you guys so much, thank you so much for your endless support throughout this story. You don't understand how much it means to me. Hopefully it won't take me as long next time to update.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing great and enjoying yourselves. I'm seeing The Summer Set tonight so I'm pumped for that.

Thanks for reading!!