Chapter Fifteen

[Four years ago]

"We have no music written. We can't sing cover songs for the rest of our lives. People want to hear music that comes from us." Ashton tossed four notebooks and pens on the table. They needed to get down to business. Even if they could sing and play their instruments they need some things that is from them and any label will tell them that. "Lets get to work." 

"It's not this simple Ash," Luke sighed, he was curled up against Michael's side with Michael's arm wrapped protectively around the small blond. Luke was constantly grumbling at his boyfriends choice of works to describe him. He wasn't small, just lanky. "You can't force yourself to write music. It has to comes from experience, moments in life that you'd want to relive and put into words. You have to give it time to flow."

"How come while you sat there complaining Calum already has half a page of lyrics written?" Ashton smirked, leaning over to see what Calum had written. But, even though while Luke was making a point about writing, everyone knows Calum has a knack for putting words together in the most heartbreaking way and make it sound as if he had lived type of life, when really he watched someone else life pan out to be that way. It was interesting to see.

"Because Cally is incredible." Michael grinned at his best friend, watching a faint blush rise to his cheeks. Having all of their attention on him now wasn't what he had in mind. "What do you have so far?"

"It's just a jumbled mess of words right now," Calum admitted, he kept his eyes glued to his notebook and focused on the words he was writing rather than the conversation between his friends. Michael snatched it from him and smiled bright at the words printed in-front of him. Michael has always been proud of whatever Calum achieved. Knowing if he didn't constantly let his friend know he would somehow convince himself he wasn't good enough. 

"This is incredible! 'Another day and I'm somewhere new, I made a promise that I'll come home soon,' how are you this good with words? I'd probably end up writing some shitty song being drunk and not remembering anything. But, this is beautiful!" Calum snatched it back, glaring at Michael for reading it aloud. He didn't want them to know what he had written just yet, because he doesn't even know how to put everything to together to make it into a song. Right now it was measly words on a piece of paper.

"Suck a dick," Calum muttered, holding the notebook close to his chest. "I didn't want you to see it yet."

"Did that last night," Michael shrugged, earning a sharp slap from Luke who was curled up next to him. "It's great Calum, don't be insecure about it. We won't judge you for whatever you've written. None of us would to that to you, Ash, Luke or even myself. Right guys?"

They all nodded their heads in agreement. 

"We're all in this together. Through terrible music we attempt and the incredible one's we will." Ashton smiled, tugging Calum toward in him in a tight hug. "Now lets work on the rest of this song together, unless you want to finish it on your own."

"I think I know how I want it to go. If it's okay with you three if I finish it on my own?"

"Of course," Luke piped in from the spot he was tucked underneath Michael's arm. "Maybe when you finish a bit more we can try to write the music for it and see how it sounds."

That lead to Michael grabbing his guitar and strumming a few notes while the rest of them hummed along to the words Calum already had written. It was finally starting to fall into place and the four boys couldn't be more ecstatic than they already were. It was the start of something amazing for the band and it would take them places they were excited to experience together. Their dreams they've been told to give up on for real jobs would finally become a reality. Something they could show to everyone that you should never give up on what you want. It may take time to get there, but it'll happen if you believe in yourself.

////

this is really just a short filler, but these past chapters will start to dwindle away soon and it'll all stay in the present time of the storyline. 

there might be another update tonight if i finish the chapter, if not expect one tomorrow. (-:

thanks for reading!! i love you lots.