Chapter Ten

"Something isn't right." Luke mumbled, his eyebrows furrowed while deep in thought. He was absentmindedly spinning his phone in a circle on his kitchen table while Ashton and Calum sat across from him with worried expressions.

"What isn't?"

"Michael," Luke glanced at them as he spoke. Although the blond was absolutely heartbroken by what happened yesterday, he couldn't help but think about how everything felt off. Even the way Michael looked towards Luke was definitely not the face of a cheater, of a boy who loved Luke with every fiber of his being. Michael wasn't himself. "Michael wouldn't cheat."

Calum sighed, rubbing roughly at his face still unbelievably stressed from his best friend. "We literally met the guy yesterday. Luke just face it. Michael's a fucking cheater and you deserve so much better. I know you two have been through a lot, and this has to be hard, but you clearly saw a different side of him, and he left you."

Luke felt himself choke up at Calum's words. Luke couldn't believe his friend. Calum of all people didn't believe him. They thought Michael would honestly do such a thing. "But that's the thing, he didn't. Michael never once broke things off with me or vice versa. We're still technically in a relationship. We've been dating since we got out of high school. I've known him since I was eight years old. Something isn't right. Especially after the panic attack he had. Michael rarely ever gets those unless he's terrified or something or a of a situation he's placed in."

Ashton shrugged, "Michael's a total asshole right now. What if he's reversing the roles and it's like when you acted like you hated him for a solid four months?" The sandy haired boy thought aloud.

"This is nothing like what happened between them in high school." Calum rolled his eyes, it had been a long morning and he already wanted to go back to bed and forget this whole conversation ever happened. Calum wanted Luke to open his eyes to the person Michael became so suddenly. Nothing good will come from him now.

"Please," Luke pleaded, "Trust me on this, I know there is something up with him."

"Luke," Ashton sighed, glancing over towards Calum and back before speaking again. "There's no reason for Michael to have done this. There's nothing going on with him that seemed out of the ordinary, besides the minor panic attack he had everything else about him seemed fine. We get it, you're heart broken and this is definitely hard on you, but Michael is hurting you being with that other guy you need to find a way to get over him and move on."

Luke groaned, pushing his chair away from the table in huff. "That guy who was clinging to my boyfriend, said they had been dating for three weeks! Three weeks! When in that time has Michael not been by my side? We got back from Australia and we did absolutely everything together. If he was gone it was run to the store and he's be back in 30 minutes. When has he even had time to cheat? He hasn't. Therefore I don't believe this bullshit."

"You're being delirious."

"Fuck you both." And with that Luke stormed out of his apartment leaving his best friends behind to sort out their shit.

////

Luke aimlessly walked around L.A. in hopes he'd bump into Michael since faux blond wouldn't return any of his call or texts. Luke knew it was a long shot, but he just wanted to make sure Michael was okay after the incident that occurred yesterday. 

Too many tears have been shed and maybe it's a part of Luke that wants closure from all of this if it really is the end. He didn't want to think like that, but if thats what it has come to he'd like to know. Luke didn't want to be the person left in the dark from his three year relationship that's suddenly crumbling down and Luke doesn't even know what he did.

Looking around at his surroundings Luke noticed he was in an area he doesn't ever remember walking around in before, even with the guys. There were a few independent music shops and what looked like family owned restaurants bustling with crowds of people. It felt homie in the middle of the heavily populated city.

Luke whipped around when he heard someone scream. It didn't sound as if they were screaming for help, but more like–shit. He darted around a corner thinking he had been spotted by a mob of people except what he saw was the opposite. Michael was walking around with Troye and they were being surrounded by countless fans. How they found them, he didn't know, their fans surprise them every single time it happens. 

Luke watched them all from around the corner as creepy as it sounds. He watched Michael smile for every photo and try his best to please everyone around him, something Luke loved about the boy. Luke loved watching Michael give their fans everything whole heartedly without a second thought if he'd be late to an event or flight he wanted to make sure they knew he loved them all. 

Waiting for the fans to dwindle down before he made an appearance, Luke flipped his hood up and pushed his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose and made his way over to Michael.

Michael said goodbye to the fans, but not before he felt something a bit off in his presence because when he turned around to see if anyone else was watching he and Troye talking to fans from afar he was met face-to-face with an emotionless Luke.

////

the second half of this is trash because i felt so stuck on how i wanted it to go omg

i literally thrive off comments so let me know your thoughts. 

Do you think it was right for Cal and Ash to judge Michael on everything so suddenly?

Do you think Luke is right to be pissed at him for not believing him or if they were just looking out for their friend?

thanks for reading cuties<3