Chapter Twenty-Five

Luke wanted to move on. Wanted to forget about the heartache and pain Michael left for him to deal with. Everything has always been about MichaelandLuke and Luke doesn't know what to do now. He's alone, the love of his life left him for someone else when Luke was sure Michael was his forever. Luke wanted him to be his forever.

All his life his parents told him find the one person you can't bear not spending a moment with, love them with everything that you have, spend your forever with them.

No one tells you how to cope when the person you thought was your forever cheats and leaves you with no answers on why they did it and says they never loved you.

Luke just wanted to feel normal again. Wanted to get his life back on track after what Michael did to him. Michael was his first and only love and nothing will change that, but Luke can't stay waiting in the past, can't wait around for Michael to come back to him. Michael moved on to someone else and so should Luke. And that's exactly what he did.

////

"Hurry up, silly. We're going to be late to our 8 o'clock showing."

Luke chuckled lightly, moving to dodge around the crowd of people in their way. "I'm walking as fast as I can."

"With legs like yours I don't know how we're not there yet." She flashed him a bright smile, her long locks cascading down her back and swooshing with every step. It was mesmerizing in a way. It was different and Luke kind of liked it.

Luke snorted, gripping her hand so he wouldn't lose her. Everyone decided to show up at the grove on a Friday night, not that you'd expect any less, but it was frustrating to get to where you needed to be. "I may have long legs, but there's a crowd of people and I can't magically make them move out of my way."

"You're very persuading, I'm sure you could."

"Don't be ridiculous, Hailey." Luke grinned at the girl even though she wasn't looking at him. Everything about her was beautiful, she was kind, loved music, had never heard of his band (but danced along to song Luke played for her anyway), and she was so down to earth about everything. Luke was so infatuated with her and it had only been a few days of them hanging out and going places.

"We're late." Hailey stated, walking into the crowded theater with Luke trailing behind her and their hands still attached.

"It's only 7:57. We have time to get popcorn and get into the theater before the previews are over with. Trust me."

"It's still late if we're rushing to get everything," she giggled, nudging Luke in the side. They got in the moderately short line and waited a a few minutes till it was their turn. They got slushies and a small popcorn to share, Luke reached for his wallet to pay because it was the right thing to do in his mind. It had always been a back and forth thing with Michael, but they had been together for years. Their bank accounts might as well been combined... As Luke got lost in thought about Michael, Hailey had already handed over her cash to pay for the food.

"You didn't have to pay." Luke sighed, running his fingers through his messy fringe.

"You paid for last night. It's not a big deal, I'm not incapable of paying and I don't expect you to pay for everything. That wouldn't be fair." Hailey smiled, kissing Luke softly on the cheek before lacing her fingers through his and pulled him in the direction of their theater.

"I know, but I asked you out. It's not fair to have you pay when it was my idea." Luke looked at her, trying to convey his side of this to her. "I'll pay you back." He offered.

Hailey chuckled, shaking her head no in response. "No way. I'm not letting you pay me back... now let's find some empty seats. This slushy is calling my name."

Luke nodded following behind Hailey until they found a pair of seats towards the middle. The say their drinks down and got situated in their seats just in time for the movie.

Luke had his arm wrapped around her shoulder, but his thoughts kept drifting back to Michael and he wasn't sure how he can possibly move on when Michael is still the only person on his mind.

////

hey hey Hailey won't you save me ;-)

Y'all better love me because I managed to write this chapter in record time. I was amazed with myself, but with the reaction with the last chapter I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Also about the whole new person in Luke's life in the story. Think about it from his perspective. Michael claimed to have cheated. Told Luke he didn't love him. Then went on his merrily way. That's from Luke's pov. He knows nothing about what's going on. So moving on was the best thing for himself even if he still loves Michael, he can't wait around forever.

Thanks for reading!