Chapter Thirty-One

"Luke Hemmings seen with new girlfriend!"

"Luke Hemmings seen leaving mystery girls apartment the next morning. One can only guess what happened that night."

"Does Luke Hemmings have a secret lover? Stay tuned for more information"

"Luke Hemmings and new bae, it's about time the lead singer of 5 Seconds of Summer found someone."

"Luke from 5SOS seen with new girl outside of Los Angeles eating dinner."

"Lead singer Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer has a love life? Who knew he had it in him."

"Luke Hemmings: the question everyone has been asking "What are those?" Lead singer from the up and coming band 5 Seconds of Summer was seen at the Santa Monica beach yesterday with a few marks along his back and neck. The only solution is this singer found himself someone special. Rumor has it she's adorable."

Michael hated reading tabloids or any kind of article that related to the band he was in. The fear of reading something criticizing everything they do wasn't something he liked to do often, but after Luke stormed out of his apartment last night he kept an eye on news articles because he knew Luke, and when Luke is mad and fuming he'll do something drastic or something completely aimed at a specific person. Meaning every article about Luke making it public about him having a significant other was definitely aimed at Michael.

Michael thought Luke would've understood after he sang that song, that they could've talked about it. Luke's reaction was completely normal and Michael should've expected it beforehand, but he's so blinded by his love for Luke that it clouded his judgment. Michael just wanted to be able to call Luke his again. To hold the blond and press kisses along his neck in the dead of night.

Michael wanted to rewind time back to when they first met, when the only thing that mattered between them was sharing markers or making sure hey didn't mix up their backpacks, except they started doing that on purpose so they could see one another more when their moms came to switch them out. Michael just wished that they weren't famous and that their relationship didn't mean anything other than that they were in love, because it shouldn't fucking matter what they do in their free time together.

Michael sighed loudly, closing his laptop before shoving it under the pillow on the left side of the bed where Luke should be with his legs slotted between Michael's and their hands intertwined under the covers.

\\\\

"Luke reacted in the worst way possible. I didn't even get the chance to explain everything and now he's gone out and plastered himself on every magazine with that Hailey girl who still gives me bad vibes. Like who the fuck hasn't heard of our band? I know we aren't that famous, but c'mon, has she been living under a rock?" Michael grumbled, showing his face into the pillows scattered on Calum and Ashton's couch. Michael took note that their living room looked as if they built a fort last night and watched movies together. Michael wanted to joke about their love life, but having them go through what he's been through is the last thing he wants so keeping his lips sealed is what he'll do.

"True," Ashton agreed, picking Michael's legs up and sitting down before placing them on his lap. "It's kind of suspicious. Even if you don't know our music everyone at least recognizes Luke because he has that face. You can't forget it. She has to be lying to get something out of this..."

Michael buried his face farther into the pillow before groaning, "I've gone into stalker mode and have found nothing on her. She has a private instagram and her twitter only had two-hundred followers and it looked to be people she went to school with. I don't understand how they met and what's so fantastic about her, when Luke spoke of her it wasn't like she was extraordinary. Trying to figure this out gives me a headache. I wish Luke would pull his head out of his ass and listen to me, he's out there making a fool of himself now."