Chapter Thirty-Three

Michael didn't speak nor did he look at Luke as he grabbed his things and left in a haste. Tears were threatening to spill over and Michael was tired of crying. He's done everything he can for Luke to protect and keep him out of harms way, but that apparently wasn't enough to get him back.

Michael lost Luke entirely even after he told the blond what had been happening, how exactly these torturous past few months have been tearing them apart. Michael hadn't even expected Luke to come crawling back, but he had so much hope buried deep down that maybe Luke would come running back into his arms to be held. Michael wanted to kiss him and tell him he's never going to let him go until their very last breath on this earth, but Luke did none of these things. Luke only confessed he still loved Michael, but he had continued to go on about his girlfriend and how he won't leave her. That's when everything inside Michael shattered into dust.

Michael's back to square one. Back to what the management wanted to happen. Luke was too far gone for Michael now, his grip had lessened and Luke's slipping through his fingertips for good.

////

Luke had gone back to the apartment he had shared with Michael since they all came to California together, the one that still has Michael's clothes thrown in random places and small objects littering their dresser. When Luke had given Michael back his things, it wasn't completely everything. Luke didn't know how to give back a piece of him as well. The clothes weren't just Michael's it was theirs, and the knickknacks picked up along the way on tour were theirs. Nothing was solely one or the others, everything was purchased for the purpose of two people.

Luke wanted to cry. He's angry and confused and he's still not sure what's happening. Michael told him what had been going on for the past few months not leaving out a single detail, but the feeling of relief he should have had after knowing Michael didn't actually cheat on him wasn't there. It was buried underneath every emotion known to man and Luke didn't know how to handle it or who to talk to about it without starting another fight.

Luke wanted Michael back. Luke wanted Michael back in the sense that the past few months never happened, but they did. Everything felt so real to Luke, every tear that was shed and every ounce of the sleep that had been lost was because Luke wholeheartedly believed everything that happened. It wasn't fake to him. It was one hundred percent real and there's no way to go back and change those thoughts.

For the longest time Luke believed he wasn't good enough, that this happened because Michael never loved him. That's all he could think about when he thought of Michael. Except Michael still loved-loves him, it wasn't real. They're just pawns in their managements games. They still are.

////

"Babe, are you okay? You haven't been yourself today?" Hailey asked, squeezing the blonds hand to grab his undivided attention. Her brown locks were tied up into a high pony tail, a crop top and high waisted shorts hugging her body and showing off her curves.

Luke ignored her, the heat from the California sun was too much, but Hailey was refusing to do anything indoors claiming it was too nice out to stay cooped up. Luke wanted to argue that Michael would've cranked down the A/C unit in the apartment, pulled the blond onto his lap for some afternoon cuddles,  and then turned on a movie marathon so they didn't have to be out in the sun.

Except Luke couldn't do that. No. Not to Hailey.

She had been everything to Luke. Helping him move on and get over Michael the past few weeks they've been together, but now that he knows the truth of what Michael did it's hard to think of anyone but the faux blond that's been clouding his mind.

Luke continued to feel awful for saying those things to Michael yesterday. Anger had clouded his judgement and he couldn't filter his thoughts and everything came out the wrong way. The last thing he should've done was mention Hailey, not when Michael was in his most vulnerable state with Luke.

Luke desperately wanted Michael back now, but the mere thought of having to break Hailey's heart is the last thing he wanted to do to the girl. She deserved better though, leading her on when all he could think about is Michael was a terrible thing to do to someone you care about.

"Luke!" Hailey shouted, dragging Luke out of his thoughts. Staring wide eyes at the small brunette, he tightened his hold on her hand.

"Sorry." Luke smiled sheepishly,

"I've been trying to talk to you for the past five minutes. You've been lost in that head of yours. What's going on with you, babe?"

Luke shook his head, glancing away from his girlfriend. "It's nothing, just some stuff happening with the bands. That's all. Nothing to worry about."

Hailey narrowed her eyes at him before shrugging, deciding to leave it be. She knew getting an answer out of him would be pointless. "Okay... What do you want for dinner? It's my treat!"

"Um," Luke scratched the back of his neck, cringing at the clammy feeling of the sweat against his skin. "Do you think we could head back to your place and order pizza? It's too hot outside for my liking."

Hailey scoffed a bit, rolling her eyes. "Luke we've gone over this. It's nice out and you know I don't like staying inside. Enjoy the fresh air!"

"The humidity is at its highest today, none of this," Luke gestured to the sky. "is fresh! I feel like I'm melting."

"So dramatic." Hailey chuckled, but Luke didn't find it funny. "Let's just find an outdoor pizza joint and watch the sunset."

Luke grumbled in response, but followed his girlfriend along. The heat was really getting to him and the fact that he can now see paparazzi a few hundred feet away was making his insides twist into a knot. This evening was not what he had expected to go as planned.

////

I wrote the ending of this so fast, please ignore any mistakes omg because boI do I know there's a lot. I just wanted to get this out there before my busy weekend ahead.

THOUGHTS?

Luke thoughts and emotions are jumbled everywhere okay, how do you personally think he's handling it?

Michael? How do you think the smol bean is feeling?

The apartment still being theirs in Luke's eyes?

IS HE GONNA DROP HAILEY? or what do you think is going to happen with her? (Only two people actually know the answer to this lol hello friends)

The lukexhailey date?🙄

thanks for reading babes. I love you lots.

aND I ALMOST FORGOT AHWJEJWBSIAO THIS HAS 48K READS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK THANK YOU SO SO MuCH!❤️❤️❤️