Chapter 15

I stayed in the pink room until my legs cramped so badly that I didn't know if I could stand up.

"Bye Princess Dani." Lucy waves, her smile as wide as it could be.

"Bye Princess Lucy. We will have to play again." I actually enjoyed myself. Lucy took over, telling us exactly what to say, and what to do. The time flew, as it always does when you are having fun.

I was having fun with Connor Marklin. A guy I have hated for half of my life. Walking out of her room, I start to head back down the stairs, Connor in tow.

I take in my surroundings. The house was a complete mirror image of Joel's. Across from Lucys room was the bathroom, and just down the hall would have been Connor's room.

As i walk, past, I take a peak in, not to be creepy, but his room was a sight to be seen. Not in a bad way.

Sensing my curiosity, Connor pauses. "Do you want to go in? It's not clean or anything." Connor opens the door to his bedroom. The door is something to oogle over itself. Its covered, and I mean covered, in sharpie doodles. They stem from the little stick figure people, to detailed images of famous sports stars, to animals, and nature.

Inside the room is not quite what I would expect. It was surprisingly clean. I don't know what I expected though. The walls are a burnt cream colour, and all the furniture was a rich, chocolate brown.

Pushed close to one wall was a massive set of draws, and on top that that, it was lined with pictures in frames, little trinkets, and deodorant. Under the window, was a large desk, covered in papers, school books and sketch pads.

Then, on the same wall as the door, lay a double bed, with pristine white sheets and dark navy pillows.

"I guess you like drawing?" I question. I had never realised that it was something that Connor was good at. Maybe it was a recent passion. Plastered on the blank wall where hundreds of A5 sized pieces of thick paper, each with different pictures on it.

I can feel Connors presence behind me as I walk closer to the wall. Studying the pictures, I see some drawn of his group of friends, some of his family, there are landscapes, there are buildings, just plain old doodles, and then, I see one photo that makes me intake a small breath.

"Yeah. It's not common knowledge though, so I would appreciate if you don't go blabbing..." He laughs to himself. But my eyes are still trained on the image in front of me. Its two rectangular pieces of paper next to each other, almost there so you can compare the two images against each other. But they look like the same girl, both drawn in lead pencil, both having the same coloured hazel eyes, both having the same nose, but one has perfectly curled hair, and the other has dead straight hair, pulled up into a sleek ponytail, and then laid over her shoulder. But something about the images scream different. The one with the curled hair looks almost evil, somehow in the eyes, her gaze makes you feel powerless, and makes her look self-centred, whilst the other girl looks shy, timid, yet at the same time confident and caring.

"Is this me and Taylor?" I question.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that..." Connor says. I turn around to face him, a small smile on my lips.

"I love it." I state simply. "You have got some talent Marklin." Letting out a slight laugh, Connor flops down onto his bed.

"Thankyou Norm. Greatly appreciated." Looking deeper into the wall, I see more drawings of little children. Another photo captures me eye. A group of four, all smiling at the camera.

Our first day at school. When our parents came to pick us up, we all got so excited to introduce each other. Melissa got so excited, she took a photo, this photo, of us, all grinning as big as we can, at the camera.

"Dani?" Connor asks, pulling my gaze from the image. Emotions ran through me. He had these pictures up, knowing the group was not the same anymore.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say, i know things have obviously been strained between us, and I don't know what has really changed, but I was hoping maybe, if you wanted, we could be friends again." Connors voice was sincere, but I was hesitant. The pain he, and the rest of his group put me through. The constant reminders of that night.

"We will see." I say. Not a yes, but not a no. His face, looked hopeful.

We exit the room, heading back down the stairs. Saying our goodbyes, I leave, but mentally I am still there, looking at those pictures on the wall, wondering if this was all a trap.