Chapter 33

Walking out into the hall was hectic. People were constantly stopping us, telling us how amazing we were, and how they were going to go and check out our YouTube channel. As rude as it was, we tried to get through them as quickly as we could. We were on a mission.

Although, none of us had any idea who we were looking for. So, when Faith dragged us towards a group of people, we decided it was the best option.

They know who we looked like anyway.

I walked up behind Connor, tapping him lightly on the shoulder. Instantly, he spins around, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me up, to meet his lips quickly.

"You were amazing. More than amazing. Just... phenomenal." He wraps me in a hug, filling me with warmth.

Letting go of the embrace, I turn, to look at everyone else in the clump. Mia's family, Coral's family, Faith's family, Ms Blakeson, Joel and Christina, and the Marklin's. We all just smiled at each other, exchanging Thank You for coming, and for their kind comments.

"Have you seen anyone from Capitol Records?" Christina asks, and everyone stops talking, awaiting an answer.

"Not yet." Faith sighs.

"But they have seen you." A female voice says from behind us. Turning around, we see a lady, with ombré brunette hair, a navy blue blazer, white shirt, and black jeans standing directly behind us. She looked to be only a few years older than us, but in her hand she held her phone, and a notebook, open to a page filled with scribbles.

Always promising.

"My names Sara. Steve sent me from Capitol records. Would you mind if I have a private word with the girls?" Sara smiled warmly, gesturing to us. We move from our loved ones nervously, looking at each other.

Taking a deep breath, I smile at Sara.

"Sure. We can go out into the hallway." Following me, we all file out a side door of the crowded hall, into an empty hallway.

"Perfect. It is quite crowded in there." Sara pushes her hair behind her ears.

We chuckle, a bit too nervous to say anything.

"Okay girls. I'm sure you are nervous. But please, no need to be worried. I loved your performance. It was amazing." Her face lit up, causing all of us to let out a breath of relief.

"So, in saying that, I have had a quick chat to Steve, and we would like to offer you guys a deal."

My jaw drops.

Mia gasps.

Faith stays very still.

And Coral says:

"Are you serious?"

Sara just laughs.

"Yes. I am very serious Coral. You girls have natural talent that we can't miss. Of course, I do not have the exact details of what I can offer you with me right now, but if you would be able to, could you come to our office in the city tomorrow afternoon? I understand it is a school day, so if you could get there at 6:30?"

"Of course. We will be there." I say breathlessly, slightly bewildered.

"Perfect. If an adult could come with you as well. A parent, or guardian. You can chose. Just so we can cover everything from a legal perspective." We all nod.

"Great! Now, here is my card. Shoot me a text if you have any questions. But I really look forward to chatting with you tomorrow. Any questions?"

We all look at each other, as I accept her card.

Faith speaks quickly, "I don't think so. But do you have any questions?" A question we always get told to ask at school in careers classes.

Sara laughs.

"I will have plenty of questions tomorrow, and I am sure the others will too. We have all done our homework."

Laughing nervously, we all smile at Sara.

They did their homework?

A phone suddenly starts to ring violently.

"I'm sorry girls, I have to take this, so I will get going. But I can't wait to see you tomorrow." Waving goodbye, Sara walks through the halls, out of view.

Waiting a few more seconds, we all hold our breath, then, start screaming.

My chest feels light, and like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"WE DID IT!!" Mia cheers, grabbing onto all of us, and crushing us into a group hug.

Coral starts crying.

"I just... love you guys so much." We all look at Coral, who tries to wipe her tears away, which causes us to all start to cry.

And that's when Sam comes across us all.

"Oh no-" He starts, sounding deflated, but we all turn to him, wiping away our tears, with smiles on our faces.

"WE DID IT!" We scream together, just as everyone else rounds the corner.

"We have to go in tomorrow afternoon, and actually like get an offer, but she said that they would like to sign us, and that we were amazing. I just..." Faith starts to hyperventilate, overwhelmed.

Looking over to Connor, I see him smile, mouthing 'congratulations!' He then points awkwardly to the sleeping Lucy in his arms, motioning to the exit.

Nodding, I wave goodbye.

'I'll talk to you later' he mouths, before being followed by Melissa, out of the school.

Joel distracts me, by coming up and grabbing me, spinning me around in his arms.

"Mum and Dad would be so proud Dani. We are so proud."