Chapter 35

"Are you girls ready to come inside?" The kind receptionist, Patricia, asks for the third time. We were extremely early, but my parents were extremely late. They were pushing it. Right now, it was exactly 6:30.

"Just one more minute if that's okay?" I say politely to her. "My parents should be here in a minute." Patricia nods, going back to her desk on the other side of the room.

The elevator dings after an eternity of waiting, and out steps my parents, not looking at all flustered at their tardiness.

"Excuse me Miss? We are here for the meeting with..." The four of us quickly stand up and go to their side.

"We are ready to go in now, if that's okay?" Coral cuts in. Patricia lights up, standing up again, and showing us into a large meeting room. Opening the door, it revealed a wooden rectangular table in the middle of the room, and a large glass window on one side. Grey chairs surrounded the table, three of which were already occupied. One by Sara, one by Steve Barnett, and the third by another female.

As soon as we entered, everyone in the room stood and greeted us.

"Hello girls, it's so nice to meet you. I'm Steve, this is Sara, as you know, and then this is Olivia." Olivia waved. She looked warm and welcoming. Her hair was a golden blonde, and her complexion matched, golden and glowing.

"It's lovely to meet you." Faith said in behalf of everyone. Steve gestured to the seats surrounding the table.

"Please, sit."

My Parents sat facing each other next to Olivia and Sara, Steve was at the head, and then we sat on the opposite end of the table.

"Let's get straight to business shall we?" Steve locks eyes with all of us, smiling. Our hand were all grasping each others under the table. My parents were silent. My mother had brought a notepad out of nowhere, ready to start jotting notes down.

"We, here at Capitol Records are prepared to offer you a 12 month conditional contract. In this time, we will release one album, and you will be an opener for a tour of one of our leading artists. At the end of the 12 months, we can choose to renew your contract, in which we would then discuss the details then, or terminate you. Of course in this, you would obviously still be paid. If we do decide to terminate you, we reserve the rights to your music for an additional 24 months, and in this time you are unable to release any more music with any other labels. Is this all making sense?"

We all slowly nod.

"So you are saying that if the girls do not get signed on again after the year, then they can't release any more music for an additional 2 years?" My Dad questions.

Steve nods.

I chime in,

"You said we would go on tour as an opener for another artist. I'm sorry, but what about school? We only have a year left, and all of us would like to finish."

Olivia smiles, inhaling.

"That's what I thought may happen. We actually have a major artist going on a world tour around March next year. So this would be halfway through your senior year. It would go for around 4-5 months, with breaks along the way. You would be back for the last term and a half before your final exams. On the road we can provide tutors, or we can try and arrange Skype lessons with your teachers. It depends on what you want to do. If it isn't something you want to do, then we could put you on a smaller bands tour, but that would consist of a lot less publicity, and only 4-5 shows."

"I don't think I introduced Olivia properly. She would be your manager. She would organise anything and everything you need. She has managed numerous bands before."