Chapter 34

'Can I come over?' -Con

Looking at my phone screen, I smile. We had about two hours until we were going to leave. Today was an early day at school, so it is currently 3pm, the time school would normally get out.

'Sure' -Dani

School flew past, with nothing really sticking. My mind was full of thoughts, ideas, hope. When Ms Mayer asked about how it went, we all started smiling like idiots, but said "It was promising." She understood that we didn't want to tell her about it until we ourselves had more information.

At lunch we sat in the music room, Connor joining us, and discussed what adult we should bring. Well, Coral, Mia and Faith all had a very strong idea of who should be coming with us. I spent the time trying to talk them out of it.

"It needs to be your parents Dani. They set this all up to start with."

"They can negotiate things, and they understand all the technical term and lingo and shizzle wizzle."

"None of our parents would understand what they were talking about. Ms Blakeson wouldn't either, and as much as I am sure you want to, Joel doesn't need that responsibility."

"But guys," I stare at all of them, pleading, "I don't even think they are in the country. And since when have they even-"

"They have always cared Dani." Mia interjected, a concrete expression on her face.

And then the bell had gone. They left me to deliberate, saying that if I don't call them, they will.

As of now, I am sitting on my bed, confused.

The doorbell rings, so slowly standing up, I make my way down the stairs, to see Joel opening the door for Connor.

"Hey mate." Joel claps Connor on the shoulder, motioning up the stairs, to where I stood, slightly out of sight.

"She's up there."

Joel goes to move away, back to the living room, before stopping and turning back around to Connor.

"Do you think she'll ask our parents?" I could see Connor slightly shake his head.

"I don't know Joel. From the experiences I've had with them they have seemed pretty horrible, but they did get them this offer, and maybe having someone who is good with negotiating would be a good idea."

"Well put. Try and talk her into it if you can. It's the best option."

Connor chuckles, shaking his head, moving towards the steps. Quickly I move back towards my room.

Everyone thought it was a good idea.

Was it a good idea?

"Dani?" Connor comes in, sitting on the bed next to me. He quickly wraps his arms around my shoulders, filling the room with warmth.

"Should I call them?" The words come tumbling out of my mouth, before I can stop them. Connor presses his lips to the side of my forehead, softly, the pulled away, unwrapping himself from me, turning, so we were facing each other on the bed.

"What's the harm? They would at least like to know what's happening."

"Okay..." I huff, plucking my phone up from it's spot next to me.

Connor moves to leave. Quickly I grab his hand, pulling him back down. Nodding, as I put the phone to my ear, he wraps an arm around me once more.

"Hello? Peter Norm Speaking."