Chapter 25

School was hell.

No exaggeration. Apart from the fact that assessments where starting to be due, and school was starting to finish up for the term, Mia, Coral and Faith stopped talking to me. Paige, Faith's sister, kept me informed on the girls during Dance class. For our and of year assessment, we all had to perform a piece, but because obviously I couldn't dance, Paige got asked by my dance teacher to do it for me, with the dance I choreographed.

Sitting in the dance rooms with her at lunch times became my sanctuary.

"I really don't think is too mad at you anymore. She's just upset." She says, in between runs of the dance.

"But she hasn't answered my messages." Pressing play, Paige starts to dance again.

It had been over a week.

11 days to be exact.

That is by far the longest we have ever not talked to each other.

Connor was driving me to school. We had nce chats, slowly becoming friends again. It was nice.

But we hadn't kissed again. In fact, we hadn't even talked about it.

My hand was slowly starting to ache less. It was only 4 days until my birthday now on Saturday, meaning three days until I got the bright pink cast off on Friday. I enjoyed looking at it, with Lucy's signature, and Connors mandela, and then the girls all put their initials on it for fun.

I missed them.

I hadn't put my contacts in all week, wearing my glasses. The constant crying made contacts uncomfortable, and the lack of motivation was another driving factor.

"Is this right?" Paige contorts her body, puller her arm through a whole made by her other arm.

I nod. "You're doing amazing."

Our assessment was not going to be performed in class though, much to everyone's dismay.

Our school annually holds a CAPA performance night, for all of the senior students to show their art projects, or for the performances to be shown. This made the whole experience even more nerve racking. Of course, this meant that as well as Paige dancing for me, I also had to perform a song.

The bell soon went, signaling it was time for me to head to music. Paige was getting the dance easily. I was not worried. What I was worried about was the classroom I was about to walk into. Because of the timetable, this was my only music class this week, meaning it was my first time having everyone in one space again. Faith, Mia, Coral and I always sat on the same table, since everything was in 4's. Although we had an extremely small class, there was no way anyone would be cool with people moving.

Walking in, I see no one in the room yet. Sitting down in my normal seat, I wait. Acouple of other people flutter in, saying their hellos, before settling into their normal seats.

Then Faith walks in. She locks eyes with me, giving me a small smile. I couldn't tell if it was being polite, or a smile my best friend would give me. She walked over slowly, pulling out the chair next to me.

"I forgive you. Not that it feels like a forgiving situation, but can we be okay?" She sits down, facing me. Her eyes, bluey green, looked directly at me.

"I would really like that Faith. I am really sorry." I smile, feeling a small weight life off my chest.

Then Coral and Mia walk in. Coral is known for being the hot-tempered one of the group. Mia, much the opposite, more like the mediator. Coral, seeing Faith sitting next to me, instantly flares up, moving to sit on the opposite side of the classroom. Mia catches her arm before she could move to far, pulling her in the direction of our table.

"Hi Dani." Mia says simply, knowing between us, nothing more needs to be said. Sitting down, she yanks Corals arm, forcing her to sit opposite me.

"Coral, I am really sorry. I know you know that." I say, trying to make amends.

"Yeah, I know." She looks me in the eyes, as if staring straight into my soul.

Ms Mayer walks in, our music teacher, silencing the class.

My chest finally feels light, knowing although more words may need to be said, I have my four best friends back.