Chapter 32

"Ms Blakeson!" The colourful old lady twirls around, her arms open, awaiting a hug.

"You think I would miss something like this?" I squeeze her tightly, grateful.

"You should have told us. We could have saved you a good seat somewhere." Mia wined.

"Already taken care of. You girls aren't the only ones here I know." She looked over at Paige, who was sitting doing her makeup.

Faith growled at her sister.

"But don't you all look beautiful!" Taking a second to look at the rest of the girls, I do a mental happy dance.

We look amazing.

Faith is in a flowy dress, with a transparent section in the middle. The dress hung loose off her body, exactly how she liked it. Her hair, she left naturally wavy, with a couple of small plaits scattered around the place, and a section on the side pinned back to keep it off her face.

Mia's dress was more tight fitting then anyone else's. It had small sleeves, and hugged her body, becoming a bit looser towards the bottom, just above her knees. Her hair was as it always is, straight, with layers curled back, but today it looked more tame, and structured.

She looked stunning.

And lastly Coral. Her lacy black dress had a high collar, and 3 quarter sleeves, which where sheer lace. The remainder of the dress was the same lace, but had a backing. The top half was tight, whilst the bottom half flowed more, letting the dress comfortably swish as she moved. Her hair was waved, and she had somehow scrunched the top half up into a small messy bun just below the crown of her head.

"I know you all need to keep on getting ready, and I want to go and get settled in my seat, so I'll let you go. But good luck girls. You deserve every second of this."

Ms Blakeson walks out of the room, leaving us all smiling.

There's nothing that lady can't fix.

Sitting back in my seat, a quickly touch up my makeup, passing my eyeliner to Coral to do it for me. No way was I going to mess it up.

Once that was done, we started doing our vocal warm ups. Gently warming up, like we had done hundreds of times before. I watched Paige block the dance once more, before Ms Mayer came down, and told us that the concert was starting, and that Paige and I needed to go and wait in the wings, and the rest of the girls should go out to the audience.

It felt like the end of year concert all over again. But this time, everything was real.

"I'm sorry if I stuff up Dani." Paige whispers into my ear, as we watch the performer before her finish her monologue.

"Paige, you can't stuff up. You can't let me down. You know that right?" I look down at her, in her black leotard and shorts, her pony tail smoothed back perfectly. I give her a hug, as we can hear the audience from the wings start to applaud.

"Just agreeing to do my dance was enough for me. You are the best dancer I know. So go out there, and dance like I know you can."

Paige's smile grows, joy filling her eyes.

"Please welcome to the stage, Paige Olson, dancing a piece titled, 'The Broken Road', Choreographed by Danielle Norm." Paige slowly walks onto stage, looking out to the audience, and starts to dance to the music.

She jumps, falls, spins, perfectly. Her movements precise, and methodical. Ms Mayer comes up beside me.

"You wish you could be out there?" She whispers, being careful not to be too loud.