Kuroi

I walked back to Tazuna's house, only to find Inari glaring at Naruto from the door. He was in the middle of a long speech about heroes not being real when I practically kickeed him out of the way.

My team sweatdropped and Inari got up and angrilly yelled at me. When he started ranting about not knowing real pain, that was when I snapped.

This kid thinks because his father died that he's the only one with the feeling of pain? Tsk.

"Inari." I suddenly said, interrupting him from his rant. It was quiet, almost a whisper, but the whole room went silent, and all eyes were on me and Inari. I looked over at him, who seemed on the verge of tears.  

"What?" he asks angrilly. I glare.  

"Pretty much everyone on this team know pain, much greater than yours." I said slowly. He glared at me.  

"You're lying. None of you know what it's like!" he said, tears threatening to flow. I shook my head and looked at him full on. He seemed to shrink back by the intensity on my gaze, and looked away. 

"Inari, do you really think that you're the only one who knows pain?" he nodded, and I sighed.

This might take a while.  

"Sasuke's entire clan was killed," I said, and he looked up suddenly, and then over to Sasuke who was glaring at the table.  

"By his brother." I continued, and now Inari's face was exposing his shock and disbelief. 

"Naruto never knew his parents, they died before he was old enough to remember them." I said, and Naruto looked distant, but held a strong gaze. I smiled ever so slightly.  

"Kakashi's teammates are all dead, they died fighting to protect what their beliefs, and I-" I cut myself off. There's no need for them to know. They, on the other hand, seemed to want to know, as they were silent, waiting for me to continue. I sighed.  

'They would have found out one way or the other, Kuroi. It's okay, tell them.' Tori's voice reassured me, and I took a deep breath before speaking again.

"My parents hated me." I began, and smiled at the gasps I heard.  

"They hated me, but loved my siblings like I wasn't even born. Which they wished for every night before they slept. I still remember them, their cold gazes. At first it was just being ignored, but then it turned into not being in the family anymore. While my siblings got everything they ever wanted, there I was, locked up in some room, crying my heart out." I paused for breath, as I had been ranting instead of speaking as calmly as I would have liked.

"Why would they do it? Easy. My eyes. If I concentrate enough, my eyes suck the soul out of whoever I want, while they're being trapped in another world of some sort, but it isn't real. It's like Genjutsu, I suppose, like the Sharengan. My eyes are special, and needed to be kept a secret. After they found out what my eyes were, they disowned me before I could do anything about it, in fear of revenge being taken for their torture towards me for the last eleven years." I said, stopping there.

"My eyes, by the way, they aren't really this colour. I mean, purple isn't the most common eye colour, but it was better than my original colour." I said, trying to lighten the mood at the end. As far as I could see, it didn't work.

I sighed as they openly gaped at me.  

"Sakura, Naruto, you two will catch flies if you keep your mouths open like that. Sasuke, Itachi only killed them so you could be strong. Kakashi..." I trailed off as I saw his face.

It was suspicion and sadness. I brushed his expression away and continued, but with a much softer tone.  

"Obito...was a great person." I said, before choking on all the tears I had been holding back, and stood up with them streaming down my face and walked over to the window.  

"I haven't cried in ten years, you'd think I would be stronger." I said, and laughed humorlessly and left the room, noticing that when I looked back, I wasn't the only one crying. But whatever.

Training starts tomorrow.