Inside the Forest

I woke to the sound of Lucifer humming. "Wait...Lucifer? Humming? Not possible. Yeah, I'm dead." I muttered, and heard his laugh.

"Master, I used to sing you to sleep as a child, surely you remember that?" he asked, with a cheeky grin. I looked around, we were in a huge room, cleared of anything except for a grand piano by the wall and a sofa where Lucifer was on the other side of the room.

"Not really. How old was I, three? Where are we anyway?" I asked. He shook his head in amusement.

"Dear Master, you were ten. We are in your mind, and are safe." he replied. I nodded and took a few steps around the room, and immediately felt it was familiar.

"That was two years ago, you know I don't have a good memory. Why'd you stop, though?" I asked. He shrugged.

"You had Akira, who kept the nightmares away, as did Kago." he murmured, obviously unhappy. I smirked.

"Does the Devil feel threatened? No worries, Lucifer, It's not like I'll forget ya or anything." I said, spinning in circles around the room.

"Lucifer?" I asked, looking at him. "Hmm?" he looked at me.

"Why do I feel like I've been here before? It feels like it's VERY important to me." I said, and watched as his smile faded, only to be replaced by a fake grin.

"It's your mind, Master, everything will be known to you." he responded. I went over to him and forced him to stand and look me in the eye.

"Lucifer. Don't ever give me that fake smile. Never. I may not know what this feeling is, but I know that this room is the most important thing in my mind." I snarled, taking him off guard with my forcefulness. He looked shocked and stared at me. I sighed and dropped him back on the sofa, where he still had a surprised look on his face, staring at me.

"What?" I asked, looking at him expectantly. He shook his head.

"How can you remember? You're not supposed to remember..." he said, still staring at me, as if searching for something. I titled my head to the side.

"Not supposed to remember? Lucifer, what am I not to remember?" I asked, sitting next to him. He seemed to snap out of his staring trance and smiled. A real smile, one that I haven't seen on him in a very long time.

"Master, this room was where we first met." he said. I gaped at him.

"Wh-What? Really?" I asked, and he nodded.

"For you to have remembered this room...and to say it's the most important thing in your mind...I truly am happy." he said, hugging me. I stayed still, with my eyes wide, and memories came back to me.

"Who are you?" asked a five year old Kuroi. Before her was a shadow as black as night, and whose edges were flickering like a flame.

"I am Lucifer, young one. You are my Master." it replied. Young Kuroi shook her head.

"No! Rucifer is my friend!" she said, pouting and crossing her arms. The shadow laughed. "My name is Lucifer." he corrected.

"R-Rucifer." she said slowly. The shadow chuckled.

"Ru-chan, let's play!" she said. The shadow was surprised, but regained his composure and nodded.

"Very well, but only for now." he replied. Kuroi smiled and nodded.

"Yay!" she said, running towards the piano in the corner of the room." The shadow followed her, thoroughly amused with the girl.

"What are we playing?" he asked her. She jumped onto the piano bench and smiled over at the shadow.