Gaara

I whistled as I walked around the village with Lucifer next to me, Kago on the other side. Akira had left on a mission with his team (which I failed to mention was Team 8), so we were just walking aimlessly until we came upon Konohamoru, who was being held in the air by Kankuro.

A pebble came at him from a tree, and I knew it was Sasuke. Well fuck, I totally forgot that was supposed to happen. Walking calmly over, I pulled Konohamoru from Kankuro, gave him a fake smile and a wave, and kicked him, sending him into the tree Sasuke was hiding in. Temari glared at me. 

"Who are you?" she asked. I looked at her, my gaze uninterested. Lucifer was next to me, silent. Her gaze lingered on him for a while. 'Great, you've got a fan club.' I teased in my mind, my face on the outside remained the same.

He growled and I almost smirked, but was interrupted by Kankuro rushing in our direction. Lucifer threw two kunai at him, pinning him to the tree. He growled and pulled the kunai out of his sleeves and reached behind his back. 

"You don't want to use Crow, Kankuro. He will be here soon." I spoke before Temari could, earning another glare from her. This was fun. 

Kankuro ignored me, and went to unwrap his puppet, but was stopped by a cold voice.

"Kankuro, stop." I looked at the spot his voice came from, next to Sasuke in the tree.

"Gaara." I said. His gaze snapped towards me, then to Lucifer. He did his sand dissolving thing and reappeared in front of us, next to Kankuro, who was stuttering.

"G-Gaara. They started it f-first-" he was cut off by Gaara and I.

"Shut up. I'll kill you." We looked at each other and I resisted the urge to fangirl. There was a moment of silence as we stared at each other, then he blinked. I grinned.

"I win." I whispered, so that only he could hear. His mouth twitched ever so slightly, I nearly missed it. Then, there was a voice.

'Don't kill this one. This one is special.' It wasn't Gaara, but neither was it anyone else's. It couldn't be. Prodding like I did with Naruto, I entered Gaara's mind.

'Shukaku?' I called, and saw Gaara's eyes widen. I smirked. 'Who are you?' Gaara asked at the same time Shukaku said,

'Not her, the one next to- WHAT?' I smirked, knowing he was completely baffled.

'Hey, Shukaku, how ya doin?' I asked, enjoying the confused look on Gaara's face.

He quickly composed himself, though, making me pout. 

'Who are you?' Gaara asked again. I grinned.

'Kuroi. Kuroi Chiyo' I replied in his mind. I felt Shukaku's nervousness, and Lucifer's demonic aura wasn't helping him at all. I smiled and held Gaara's gaze.

'Shukaku. I want you to let Gaara sleep tonight, and until the Chuunin Exams.' I said,knowing Lucifer could hear us. Gaara looked confused, but I ignored it, and focused on Shukaku's laughing tone.

'You think you can tell me what to do, human?'  he mocked. I shook my head.

'No, but he can.' I said. Lucifer took this as his cue and entered our conversation. 

'Ichibi. Do as she says.' he commanded, his voice left no room for argument. Shukaku cowered in his cage, and reluctanly agreed. 

'Very well.' he said. Gaara, by now, looked like he had seen an elephant riding a unicycle.

'Why do you follow this human around, Crosszeria?' Shukaku asked him. Lucifer scoffed. 

'This human is my master. You will not disrespect her, as she can kill you just as easily as I can.' he replied. I looked up at him.

'I can?' I asked. He facepalmed.

'Oh...totally ruined the moment there. Sorry.' I thought. He looked at me with an amused expression and sighed.

'This is why you are worthy enough to be my master.' he mumbled. I look at him confused, but he shook his head. I didn't push the matter, seeing the half amused-half confused expression on Gaara's face. I stuck my tongue out at him.

'Quit listening in on my worst moments!' I said. He smirked. Holy god, he looked cute. Lucifer chuckled and Shukaku laughed, while Gaara's smirk disappeared and he looked away. 

'...I said that out loud, didn't I?' Lucifer nodded, obviously dying to laugh out loud. Shukaku's laughter soon died down, and he adressed Gaara.

'You got a girlfriend already?' he teased. Gaara looked slightly miffed.
'No! Of course not!' he said, not meeting any of our gazes. I giggled.

'Kuroi.' I said, my hand held out for him to shake. He looked at it and slowly raised his own, then hesitantly took hold of it and shook. I grinned. 

'There, that wasn't so hard, was it?' I asked. He looked away, scowling. I sighed. This would take a lot of work. I let go of his hand and put my other hand on his shoulder. I spoke out loud, but barely in a murmur. 

"You're not a monster, Gaara. Neither is Shukaku. You both are simply misunderstood because others aren't like you." I said, looking straight into his sea foam colored eyes. He looked like he would burst out crying, but held it in.

Nodding, he slightly smirked and took my hand from his shoulder, glaring at me playfully. I grinned, exiting his mind, and soon we were standing in front of each other, with his siblings behind him, looking scared. In Gaara's eyes, I saw my team looking scared as well. 

"See you, Gaara." I said, loud enough for them to hear. He glared at  me, catching on to my act. Turning around, he walked away, with his brother and sister trailing behind him.

__________________________________

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT