Inside her mind

The pain was agonizing. Time seemed to have stopped, with me screaming. The pain eventually subsided and I found myself in a familiar dark room. This room, I had seen it many times in my dreams when I speak to Tori, but never before was there a cage in it. Or was there?

"Tori?" I called.

"Yes, Master?" came the response. I wrinkled my nose.

"'Master'? Why would you call me that?" I asked. Tori's sigh could be heard as if coming from all sides.

"Because you are my master in this world. In the other world, I am nothing but a voice in your head. In this world, I am known as Lucifer, the Lord of the Underworld." he replied. I nodded. The voice in my head turned out to be the King of Hell. Completely normal, right? Wait...what?

"Uh...okay...? And how does this make me your 'master'?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"You're taking this really well, for a human." He said. I glared at nothing in particular.

"Dude, answer the question, wouldya? And where are you? I hate glaring at someone I can't see." I snapped. He laughed again, and there was a red light in front of me, in a kind of swirly firey look. (Did that make sense?) Then, in front of me was a guy clad in black. He had piercing silver eyes and jet black hair. He kneeled in front of me and held my hand in his.

"I, Lucifer Crosszeria, have pledged my loyalty to you, Master." he said. I just stood there, very miffed.

"Uh...so...where did Tori come from?" I asked. He chuckled and rose from his position at my feet. He was taller than me. Grr.

"My true name was not to be said in that world, but now we are here, everything will be known. You are Kuroi Chiyo, bound by an immortal curse to be the master of Lucifer Crosszeria, because of your strength, wisdom and honesty. Mostly strength. You pack a serious punch." he added, trying to lighten the mood. It worked, and I giggled a bit.

"So... My name means Eternal Darkness and I am the master of the devil, who is inside me, because of my personality which, being what it is, has made me immortal?" I summed it up. He looked shocked, and then sheepish.

"If I said that this would have been over much faster." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. I smirked.

"Um...Lucifer?" I said, trying out his name. He smiled.

"Yes, Master?" he asked. I grinned.

"This is an order from you Master." I said. He stood up straight, waiting.

"Don't call me 'master'." I said, and his shoulders sagged.

"That's it?" he asked. I nodded. Grinning, he pulled me into a hug. I laughed and hugged him back.

"How exactly did I end up being immortal and your master?" I asked. His body went rigid and he let me go from the hug. He sat down in a chair that I know for sure wasn't there before. (Or was it?) He motioned for me to come and sit next to him, and I did.

"You were originaly from this world." he said. I gasped and he gave me a look that said 'don't interrupt.' I nodded, and he continued.

"Your name, Eternal Darkness was chosen due to your immortality, and your natural dark personality that shows up every now and then. Ever feel like you just want to hit someone until they turn into dust?" I nodded.

"That's your true personality. Well, not really, only when you're angry. You could almost say you're bipolar," he grinned.

"Your mother, Akai Chiyo, was a very cheerful person, and loved your father very much. Your father, Zero Gasai had killed many, endangering any thoughts of having a family. He was a cold hearted person, towards everyone but your mother, when he met her. I, as the King of Hell as you so nicely put it, watched them, the strange couple, who lived alone in the woods. They were attacked by bandits, and your father protected your mother, who barely escaped with her life, and another. You. You weren't born yet, but already you were hunted down for ransoms or revenge for your father's deeds. Even as a Devil, I couldn't bear to see the child of such an interesting yet odd couple simply die. It was just for entertainment, when I sent you to the other world, but then after being around you, your personality was just too intriguing to leave alone; happy, carefree, yet under that was darkness and coldheartedness to those who harmed your loved ones. I must admit, you never had many friends, but Kago is there, as well as Akira, and you deemed them worthy, so I approved. I have spoken to Akira, told him everything, as a test of friendship, you could say. Even after knowing, he really didn't mind, but thought it was, and I quote; 'That's pretty freakin' awesome!'. Never before have I gotten that response from a human, but as your friend, why am I not surprised?" he chuckled.