Chapter 11

Zayn's POV

"Niall..." I whispered quietly, my hands still shaking and sweat still soaking my shirt. I pressed open the door to Niall's room just a little more and took a few steps into the dark room. It was two in the morning, but any part of me that cared was still too scared and freaked out to react.

"Niall, please..." I whispered, my voice breaking just a little. I got to side of his bed and tapped his bare shoulder. He sat up quickly and went to punch me, but I jumped back in time. I think I need to begin remembering that Niall lives and breathes self defense because of his job. He seemed to wake up a little more and reach to turn on his lamp.

"I'm so sorry. What's wrong? You look so pale." He said with his accent incredibly thick. I shuffled closer to him and looked down at his bed, hoping he would get the message. He did and pulled me into his bed and begin wiping the sweat from my forehead. I shivered as I thought of the images my mind gave me. Niall's smaller arms pulled me closer to him. He blew cool air over my forehead and brushed my hair back in a calming motion.

"I haven't had a dream since I was little." I mumbled to him. He hummed out something like he wanted me to continue. I close my eyes and my body begin to shiver with fear. Niall's hand calmed me again by resting on my back to pull me ever closer to his chest. He wasn't wearing a shirt, make me press him away from me.

"Can you put on a shirt or something?" I whimpered out. He jumped out of bed not even a second later to listen to my request. All I knew was right now seeing a man without a shirt was the last thing my mind needed. Niall turned off the lights then got back into to bed to hold me.

"I've got you, Zayn. Tell me if you want to, I'll listen." His voice assured me. I nodded into his chest. I just felt his heart beating against my temple and let my mind accept the fact it had just showed me something that I had tried to press down for years and forget for years now. It wasn't anything I wanted to bring back, but my mind decided it wanted to dust off the cobwebs and unlock the box in the dark closest in my mind. It brought out what I didn't want or need, but now I'm suck with the pain and fear it left the time it happened and now at the time it came back.

"My mums first boyfriend after my parents divorce... I don't remember his name because I was so young, but I remember the time he came over to have dinner with me and my mum. He didn't like me from the start. He didn't say two words to me, but what would I know; I was seven or around there. My mum sent me to my room after dinner, she told me to stay there for the rest of the night. I didn't stay there. I heard weird noises coming from my mums bedroom, so I went to make sure she was okay. Now I know she was just having sex with him, but I walked in on them because my innocent mind was worried. Her boyfriend didn't like that so he chased me out of the room and started beating me. My mum didn't do anything to stop him, she just stood there and screamed at him to stop. She never did anything to actually show she wanted him to stop beating me bloody. It was the first beating I had gotten in my life and I remember every single hit. Something changed in me. Like a light that got turned off and never turned back on. I don't even know what it was." I said quietly. Niall's hands were clutching me tightly and I felt how fast his heart was beating now.

"Your childhood got turned off. Your innocence. Your trust. Get some sleep, Zayn. You're safe with me." Niall told me with a strength in his voice that I felt comforted by. He was right about all those things, but one of my trust towards men. Never did I feel safe with another one after that day, but right now I'm oddly trusting Niall with things I've never told anyone. I'm letting him hold me, meaning I'm letting my guard down and letting myself be weak for once. My eyes grew heavy and I curled up into Niall's smaller body to get some sleep.

The morning light shown through the windows, making me stretch out my limps and take a deep breath. I looked around the room I was in and saw the bathroom light was shining under the door. The shower water was running in there. My eyes looked over to the bed side table and I saw a plate of toast and scrambled eggs. I sat up and looked at the food, my stomach rumbling as I caught as smell of it. The water turned off in the bathroom, making me scoot back from the plate of food and just look at the door for Niall to come out. Part of my mind told me I needed to work for my food and I needed to do something for him in oder to eat it. I guess the part of my mind that I had lost was taking over the actual logic I knew.