Epilogue

Niall's POV

I was waiting in my classroom with the last of my students for their parents to come picked them up after a pretty long day of learning. Most of my young kids cracked me up with the things they would say or do throughout the day. Some of them would really enjoy learning the alphabet while other liked it better when I would read to them. To me, I loved getting to see the group of four year old gets their first taste at learning. I taught them a little, mostly through playing with sand and toys, before they were all old enough to really start primary school. I just liked the concept of them getting to learn through play and using their own imagination. They're kids, learning should be fun.

Obviously, I resigned from the police force the day I was strong enough to hold a pen and sign some papers. My whole family suddenly became very supportive of it, but I think it's just because they all pretty much saw me dieing. I used that to my advantage for mostly everything while I spent three months in the hospital recovering. One of those things was to get my dad to really open up to me about nearly everything, from why he was so hard on me to getting answers if he really loved me. After we got that stuff out of the way, we both promised we would work on our relationship. So far, seven years later, it's been wonderful.

As for the relationship I have with my brother, it's not great. He still blames himself for accidentally shooting me while I can't stand the way he treats the people in my life that matter to me. We don't argue or anything, there's just unspoken guilt from him and some resentment from me. Our mum tries to get us to work it out, but Greg isn't ready for it while I'm just trying to look at how many positive things I have going for me in my life. One example is teaching.

I started school to become a teacher two months after I was released from the hospital. I never thought I would enjoy uni as much as I did, honestly. It was fun to read all those books about different ways children learn. I loved the way it felt like I could finally live my life for myself and for what I wanted to do. There wasn't anything more I wanted than to be a nursery school teacher, and the work I put in to becoming one was so satisfactory. It actually rubbed off on someone that I didn't expect to at all.

Zayn ended up working hard to finish high school then he got into uni right as I was in my second year. He was studying to become an art teacher for primary school kids. That was fun to watch him get excited over learning different arts and crafts he could do if he had his own class. His dorky ways of getting excited over paper bag puppets reminded me of why I still loved him with every ounce of my being. He told me I made the right decision with everything involving him.

He asked me to marry him once he graduated from uni. He literally got down on one knee and proposed to me at his graduation ceremony after he got his diploma. I, of course, said yes a hundred times and never to this day have I thought it was the wrong choice. We got married a few months later with a small ceremony of us and my family. He was just happy that we got that out of the way so he could start throwing around the word "husband". I really enjoyed to see the happy person Zayn was because it made the past seem so far away.

There was a short time where he completely fell apart. It was before he started to go to school again and it was a hard thing to be apart of. I'm not sure what happened to trigger the depression he fell into, but something in him snapped and all he could do was sleep all day or cry when he was awake. He eventually started to drink when I was away at Uni all day, which was another problem in itself. That was the only hard patch our relationship really went through because he wasn't the same man I fell in love with. However, I stood by his side as he got help. Once he was better, about six months of the horrible drinking and depression, he told me that he just let his past life sink in and it hurt too much to handle. But today, he's the happiest I've ever seen him and I can't be happier that my husband finally found peace in his life.

"Mr.Horan look at the drawing I finished!" One of the little boys ran over to show me. I go by Horan here because most of these kids will end up with Zayn as their art teacher next year so I didn't use my married name of Malik incase it would confuse them. I crouched down and looked at the drawing the young boy made. It was of his family and I really liked to see that he had two father's. Mainly because I knew his two father's very well now.

"That's wonderful, Jason. Your hand is getting really strong at holding your crayon. Probably because of that Payne in you, right?" I asked him, giving his tummy a tickle. He laughed and ran to put it in his backpack because his father, Louis walked in. Long story short, Liam moved on from me to someone Zayn wanted to help move on from his fear of love. Liam and Louis pretty much hit it off immediately and that was it for them. They adopted Jason when he was two years old and shared the love they created together with him. Liam was still a police officer, and Louis still worked at that bakery with Harry. I don't go there allot because Zayn found out about me and Harry. Even if I think jealous Zayn is very attractive, I still don't like to make my husband feel that way. I think we're special people because he gets mad if he thinks about how many people I've been with before him, while I take the number of people that touched my Zayn with a grain of salt because all that mattered was that he was mine now. I think we're made perfect for each other. Just like Liam and Louis.

"He had a great day, Lou. He even made you guys a picture." I told Louis. We both made some conversation as other parents came in to get their children also. I made sure to say bye to all of them too. Louis was just about to leave when my handsome husband poked his head in. Him and Louis hugged it out like they normally do, every time it's like a reminder to them both that they made it to where they were now. Louis and his son left after a little, leaving me and my Zayn alone.

"So I was wondering if I could take a very sexy, smart Irish teacher out to dinner tonight. Do you think you're free?" He asked me after he closed the door to my classroom now that all the kids were gone. He came and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tightly to him. I kissed his lips a few times and smiled at the amazing man in front of me.

"I think I'll be available for any dates with you from today for the rest of my life." I told him. He laughed and kissed me a free times before letting me go.

"What a coincidence? I'm free for the rest of my life too. I think this might work out." He joked. I laughed at him and watched him walk to the door and turned around with a smile on his face.

"You're beautiful, Niall. I just wanted to say that. Also, I really really like you." He told me before leaving my classroom. I just smiled because that man will always find a way of making my heart skip a beat. Even after all this time, it still feels like we're at the very beginning of loving each other. To me, it's just perfect.

A/N: now it's really the end and I'm sad! Haha thank you again for reading this and supporting it! I love you all for that!!!

If you want to, go check out my new story called Mute Musician. It's going to be really good! The prologue is already up!

Thank you again for all that you've done for me and this story! We've been through allot together! Hopefully I'll see you all in my new story! Comment/Vote!
-Bri ;)