Chapter 18

Zayn's POV

"Are you really sure you want me to go with you? I mean, I'm glad you want to take me out with you and you're not embarrassed of me, but this is going to be around allot of police officers and stuff." I asked as Niall pulled me out of the flat. He told me there was a party thing that was for his brother getting moved up to detective or something like that, but I never really wanted to go because of who I was going to be surrounded by for a while.

"Yeah, I really want you to come with me. Plus, you look amazing and I want to show you off to people. Well, at least watch everyone drool over themselves while knowing you're all mine." Niall said with a cheeky smirk. I smiled at him and laced my hand with his while we walked down to his car. I kissed his lips a few times before we both had to get in the car to do pick up some girl that was supposedly his girlfriend. I understood that he wasn't really allowed to be gay because of his dad, but I would have like it better if he wouldn't have felt so pressured into telling his dad he had a girlfriend and instead just took me along with him saying we're friends. I know I could have kept my hands and fond looks to myself for one night just so Niall would be happy.

Niall drove up to a very small house and sent the girl a text that he was there. I laughed because he should probably go to the door and get his date. However, he told me that as far as he was concerned, I was his date and he didn't need to go get anyone from her door. She walked out and I felt all the years of being told and shown I was worthless bubble out from the nice place I had been hiding those feelings. She was absolutely beautiful and she was fit and pretty much perfect. I looked down at my tattooed hands and stayed looking there as I realized what Niall was keeping me around for. It was for sex and that's all. Those little butterflies I get around him and the fact I just can't get enough of looking at him was all an idiotic choice on my part to start feeling something for him while the whole time he was just thinking of keeping me as a sex toy of some sort.

"Hey, ugly. Is this your boyfriend?" The girl asked as she got in the back seat of the car. I looked at Niall and saw him smile at me, but it fell a little when I couldn't help the tear that slid down my face.

"Yeah, he's kind of my boyfriend. Nothing official has been made. Zayn, this is my friend Jade. Jade, this is my Zayn." Niall said slowly, but reached over to wipe another tear that fell. His blue eyes completely asked me if I was okay so I just mouthed to him that I would tell him later. He tangled his hand with mine while I thought that it was so horrible that tonight I realized what act he was trying to keep up with me. I took my hand from his and looked out the window for the rest of the drive to some Irish pub that was close to where I used to spend my time. I'm sure I would be happier doing that than realizing that the man I thought was so sweet is actually using me. There's no other reason why he would keep me around. Especially when there's a really pretty girl in the back seat that he could easily have.

When we got to the pub, the place was crazy. You could hear some Irish music playing and the loud crowed through the open doors. We all got out of the car, but Niall pulled me to the side so he could talk to me. That Jade girl stood off to the side on her phone not listening.

"What's going on?" Niall asked me quietly. I just looked over at Jade then back to Niall like he was stupid. That made him groan and get both my hands in his. I slapped them away and crossed my arms over my chest like a child.

"She's pretty and she doesn't have a past like mine that makes her wake you up every night because I can't stop screaming. I'm a mess and you have her. You only see me as a prostitute. That's why I'm here for you. Nothing else just a fucking sex toy that-" Any of my other harsh words were cut off by Niall slamming his lips on mine. He held me close to him and I couldn't help but let my hands rest on his cheeks. Our lips moved together slowly and I felt the way he was desperately trying to fix those thoughts that flew out of my mouth.