Chapter Three

[Lily]

"Number 634's next." I took a deep breath, steadying myself before I went up to the chair. I watched as one of the hundreds of girls named Elaina unsteadily got up, her steps wobbly. They hadn't even taken much blood, only a pint yet she was still dizzy.

"I'm number 634." I watched as the lady wearing all white motioned for me to take a seat. Sitting down I gulped. There were about 20 women all dressed in white coming in and out of the room. They seemed to carry blood bags into the room next door, with our blood in them. This year in honor of the lords attending they were giving out samples of each of our blood before they bid. We were labeled by numbers so it would be easier to figure out who was who.

"This will only hurt just a little bit." The lady said her smile creepy before she hooked me up to the machine next to me. I felt sharp pain in my wrist as I looked away, not wanting to see how my blood went up into the blood bag. Disgust filled me as I though of the nearing auction.

"All done!" The nurse lady said in an artificially sweet voice which chilled me to the core. I watched as she put a band aid on my bleeding wrist before shoving me out of the seat. I snorted before I felt hands on my arms, dragging me into the other room.

The room was huge. It was the color of white and could fit hundreds-no at least a thousand! Seats were covered in velvet and small tables were in front of each one. There were six cups on each with labels on them. I narrowed my eyes to see that the number 634 was on one of them.

Ew. I felt lightheaded at the thought of my blood on the table sitting in some wine glass. What had happened to this world, once so ordinary?

"Number 634, sit down." I turned to see a man who seemed around twenty narrowing his eyes at me. He pointed to the seat labeled with my number. Tapping his foot impatiently he let out a frustrated grunt.

"It's Lily." I spat stopping over to the seat. I shot him a glare as he walked away before bringing in Perrie, who was number 659. She sat down obediently a smile on her face.

"How can you be so happy about this?" I asked. "I get that your going to see Zayn, but do you think he's going to recognize you? After all it's been years"

"I'm positive." Perrie said confidently, "I look about the same as I did before, just older." she smiled as if thinking about her dream prince, so powerful and caring. What she didn't know was all the stories I had heard of him. How he would see glimpses of the future and use it to slaughter humans or that he executed people who disobeyed the king.

I was about to reply when the sound of the doors slamming shut filled the now silent room. I noticed the only doors that were open were the ones farthest away from us. The room darkened making it hard to see. I squinted as the spot light suddenly was on us, the servants.

The once quiet room was now filled with whispers and voices as vampires walked in looking as normal as can be. They each showed the guards some sort of ticket before being escorted to a seat. I felt sweat drip down from my forehead before I brushed it away, my nerves taking over. This was it. It was the beginning of the end of my freedom.

My eyes couldn't make out who sat at the very back of the room but from looking at the five thrones I knew exactly who it was, or who they were.

Even from this distance I could see the five lords watching us. I watched as a blond head, so different from the others bent to the side to whisper something to the vampire next to him. The vampire bobbed his head in a nod before looking straight again. I saw a waiter waltz over, skillfully holding two trays in hand and one on his head. He placed them down before running as fast as lightning, fetching the other two. He bowed before taking a seat in the crowd.