Chapter Four

[Lily]

Poke. Poke. I felt something jabbing at my cheek. Without thinking my hand shot out to swat the thing away, whatever it was. There it was again, that jab at my cheek. I rolled over burying my face in something soft.

Finally. I was free to sleep again-

I sprang to life as I felt cold water hit me. The sudden coolness was like no other. My eyes were wide open now and sleep was the last thing on mind. I looked around frantically, my heart beating faster and faster by the second.

Through my panic I had failed to notice the girl who stood in the corner of the room with a bucket in her hands. I blinked at her surprised and slightly creeped out. Where was I? Who was she?

"Hey! Sorry I had to do that! I didn't really know how to wake you up." The blond girl said cheerfully. She set the bucket down, her boots getting slightly wet as the remaining water splashed out. She didn't seem to mind as she skipped over, a grin on her face.

"I'm Caroline!" She stuck her hand out. I took it, my body moving back and forth as she shook it. Her grip on my hand was tight making me wince at the raw strength in the simple gesture.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry! I've never really tried to make friends with a human before!" Caroline said her wide blue eyes filled with panic. She grabbed me, embracing me in a tight hug that knocked the breath out of me. My eyes widened as she lifted me up from the bed I had been on and set me on the floor. "I promise I'll be gentler next time!"

I smiled at her reassuringly. She seemed nice. A bit too energetic but nice. My attention was brought back to my surroundings as I looked around. The room I was in had cream colored walls, the carpet a rosy red . The bed was a queen size, two pillows on either side of the bed. There was a desk in the corner and next to it was the dripping wet bucket that Caroline had been holding. Noticing my curiosity Caroline instantly started talking again.

"This is your new room! Do you like it?! Lord Harrys currently occupied right now so he sent me to show you around! Since your the Lords blood servant I suppose I should take you to see the other Lords of course although the King is off limits-" Caroline blabbered, her eyes bright and her nose scrunched up a bit as it she were thinking hard. I let out a soft laugh at her expression in which she responded by grinning.

"We'll let's go-walk behind me though." I didn't have time to ask why as she grabbed my wrist, tugging me along. I watched as she flung open the door. Instantly a breeze hit my face. I could hear a soft 'whoosh' as vampires ran by. Now I knew what Caroline ment. I would probably get run over by someone at this pace.

"Coming through- and don't you dare touch me!" She said in a sassy tone. She stepped out into the hallway motioning me to follow. I looked both ways before daring to step a foot out the door. As soon as I stepped out Caroline tucked me under her arm, grinning as she pranced down the hall way. She looked at me apologetically.

"There's a party in a few days and everyone is busy preparing." She rolled her eyes before continuing, " It's a big party but personally I think it's stupid-pff."

"That's not true." I said softly. I could read her like a book even if I barely knew her. It was clear that there was jealousy in her eyes. There was a slight twitch of her mouth which was twisted in a frown. " Were you not invited?"

"No," she confessed sadly, " It's only for Lords, blood servants, Knights and the king."

"Oh." I said thoughtfully. Caroline seemed like a girl who liked a good party. I awkwardly patted her on the back. "I'm sure the party's not that great."