Chapter Thirty One

[Third Person]

Five Hours ago.

"N-Number 86..." Zayn croaked as he opened his eyes. This was the eighty sixth time since yesterday that he was killed. Eighty six times that he had come back to life. At this point, he had a collection of stakes on the side of his wall.

"Your bloody lucky, I'm at 137." Louis groaned as he pulled against the chains that held him to the wall. His body ached and his throat burned. They were only fed half a pint ever since they had been captured and it was taking its tole. Without Niall here, his wounds healed slowly, like slow torture. Ethan had come in once, delighted to show off his new abilities.

"Ugh, I'm hungry." Liam complained, becoming a dead weight in his chains. "I'd rather have Ethan just snap my neck instead of bleeding me dry."

"I-" Zayn suddenly fell silent. His head spun as his vision blacked out completly. He recognised this feeling, he hadn't felt it in a while. He was having a vision of the future. Excited that the witch had momentarily stopped blocking his ability, he took advantage of it.

He saw a figure, he couldn't see their face from this angle. They were running, he could feel panic radiating off of them. He watched as they came to a stop as more figures appeared. They circled around the first figure who seemed ready to fight.

Before anything else could happen, Zayn was thrown back into the present world. He blinked a few times before looking around. Liam and Louis were silent, probably dead from blood lose again. This happened frequently, a constant never ending cycle. They'd be awake in a few minutes, moaning and groaning in pain.

Zayn held his own wound, pain shooting through him. Ethan had made sure to leave a big wound which was bleeding out at a quick pace. Blood dropped from his shirt, creating a pool of red around him. He sighed heavily, glancing Louis who was starting to stir.

"Make that 138." He muttered, the wound near his neck half way healed. Zayn was about to reply when the prison door swung open. There stood a figure who threw a blood bag onto the floor.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. This was a pint, more than they had gotten before. He was even more surprised when the figure threw two more to the ground, a pint for each of them.

Louis could tell that this was a girl as she came closer. She placed each blood bag into our hands, besides Liam who was still yet to awaken.

"Give this to Liam when he wakes up." The girl said, her eyes narrowing "Don't you dare drink it."

"I won't. I'm not that harsh." Louis snapped, before tearing open his blood bag with his teeth. Instantly the blood filled his mouth, soothing the burn which had settled in his throat. He felt his wounds start to heal instantly and he felt a bit stronger.

Zayn timidly drank the blood, his head starting to clear. Why had the girl given them more blood than necessary? She was on Ethan's side, surely.

"Why are you giving us this?" He asked suspiciously, his eyes narrowed as he threw the empty blood bag to the ground. The girl glanced around, shutting the door behind her before turning to us.

"Ethan's been a terrible ruler. He's unfair and cruel. I guess I was hoping you would be able to take back the kingdom." She admitted. "Obviously the first step to success is to get your strength up."

"What's your name?" Liam suddenly spoke, raising his head to press his lips against the blood bag that Louis had handed him. He started at the girl curiously.

"Grace." She muttered.

"Grace who?"

"Grace Ferona."

[Lily's POV]

The breeze hit my face, sending leaves my way. I closed my eyes, wincing as dust blew my way. The water splashed as my feet stepped into a puddle.

I probably looked like a mess right now. My hair was messy, strands flying out at different angles. I was probably covered in dirt and mud. I was tired, exhausted and heartbroken.

But you know what's kept me going for the past 10 hours?

Harry Edward Styles, that's who.

I felt a pit of hate in my stomach as I thought of Ethan. That bastard. Hate made me see red, my throat closing up and my hands in fists. I took a deep breath, my hands gripping the knife in my hand.

I had gotten the knife from the witches kitchen just before I left. It's not like I had time to actually pick up some things. I bit my lip, looking down as I thought of Harry lying dead on the bed.

I looked at my necklace-or should I say Harrys necklace. Three hours ago, it had started to glow. It was then that I noticed that there were tiny jewels in crested in the paper crane. Just like my necklace. The jewels had lit up, creating a bright blue glow.

I gripped the necklace with my free hand, a tear slipping out of my eye. If only he was here. I needed him.

Crack.

I jumped as I heard the sound of a twig breaking. The bushes moved ever so slightly. I held my knife infront of me, staring intently at the bushes.

An arm had me in a headlock in the next second.

I gasped as I was dragged backwards slightly. Without thinking I lashed out, my knife hitting the person. I could hear that it was a male as he let go, my knife in his hand.

I recognized him.

"Stefan." I said blankly, tilting my head to the side slightly as I got in a crouching position.

"Hello there Lily. King Ethan would like to see you." He snarled, his eyes turning red as he flung the knife aside. It landed at my feet and I picked it up, glaring at him. He was on Ethan's side.

"Tell him I'm not available." I spat, jumping onto his back. He clearly wasnt expecting that. His eyes widened as I dug my knife in his chest, missing his heart.

"I'm not going back without you. He's giving out 1000 pound of gold to whoever finds you. I intend to be rich after today!" I was thrown off and onto the ground. I screamed as I hit the ground hard, my arm getting crushed under my weight. I cradled it, glaring at Stefan who started to laugh, approaching me slowly. He leaned down beside me, his smile cruel.

"I'm going to hurt you so bad." His fist lifted into the air and I closed my eyes. This was all too familiar. But this time, Harry wasn't here to save me.

I waited for the blow.

I waited...

And waited...

Five seconds, Ten seconds, Twenty seconds.

Nothing touched me. I opened my eyes.

His curly brown hair blocked my view. I stopped breathing, my heart racing. It couldn't be- it was impossible.

But he was here- he was really here.

He turned his head, his electric green eyes meeting mine. Sparks lit up inside of me, my lips parting. The scattered pieces of my hear slowly started to form together, piece by piece as seconds went by.

"Harry?" I breathed. I watched as his lips curled up into a cocky smile before he turned his head to look at a petrified Stefan.

"Don't you dare touch my girl."

"Y-your supposed to be d-dead!" Stefan cried, his green eyes terrified. He tried to get out of Harrys grip. He screamed as there was a crack of bone as Harry tightened his grip and his bones shattered. "P-please l-let me live!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that. You hurt her-and for that, you'll pay." That was it. In less than a second Stefan was dead, a hole in his chest where his cold heart used to be.

Finally Harry turned towards me. It felt like eternity as we stared at each other, his green eyes filled with so much emotion, so much passion.

"Harry-"

"Your hurt." He was infront of me in a split second, his hands taking my most likely broken arm. He bit his wrist, holding it up to me. I shook my head, wrinkling my nose as I turned away. Harry's arms were suddenly around me, his wrist close to my face as he pressed against my back. My breaths hitched as I felt my insides tingle at his touch.

"Drink." This time I obeyed. I timidly pressed my lips against the wound, nearly gagging as the coppery flavor if blood entered my mouth. Just like before I wanted to spit it right out, but Harry was one step ahead of me. He cradled me in his arms, his hand pressed to my mouth softly. I swallowed, sighing as I felt the blood take effect instantly.

There was silence now, absolute silence. His arms were still around me, my head buried in my neck. I let out a shaky breath.

That's when I felt a cool liquid drip onto my neck.

A tear.

I turned my body to see that Harry had let a single slip out of his eyes. I watched as he brought his hand to my face, wiping a tear away. I hadn't even noticed that I had started crying. It was suddenly hard to breath and that's when I broke out in sobs.

I was glad-so glad. I'd never felt this happy in my life. My mended heart seemed to soar as I pressed my face against his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, the strong steady beat of it soothing me. He was really here, he was alive.

We stood there, crying in each others arms. They weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of happiness. We let out silent tears that were shed for each other.

Harry's head rested on my shoulder, while mine pressed against his chest. I felt his head lift off my shoulder, his breaths sending vibrations through his chest. I stopped breathing as I heard him speak.

"I love you too."