Chapter Thirty Six

[Lily's POV]

My jaw dropped at the sight before me. From this angle, I could see his mop of curls brushing against her bloodied neck. The glow of his eyes were red, such a contrast from his usual forest green gaze. The soft cries of Grace, my sister, filled the clearing.

"Harry?"

I watched as he raised his head, his red eyes staring straight at me. He didn't blink as he continued staring, his expression unreadable. I stared back, my hands by my sides in fists. How could he? No matter who she was, she was my sister!

"Harry." I repeated more sternly this time. I felt Niall's hand brush against my shoulder but I shook him off, stepping forward into the clearing. I swallowed hard, walking up to him. Without a word, I cradled Grace's head in my arms. Her eyes were wide and fearful, her lips twitching.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to her. She seemed to not be listening as her eyes traveled to Harry. For a person who had just been bitten, her gaze was strong, fired up. Something silent seemed to pass through them.

The look Harry gave her scared me to be honest. No, it wasn't scary in that way...it seemed more loving. Loving. I couldn't help but let jealously creep up into my heart for a few moments before I reminded myself that Harry loved me...right?

I watched as Harry bent down, his now normal green eyes filled with a emotion that resembled adoration.

Adoration.

Maybe the witch was right, maybe he fancied her too. Maybe he would leave me for her even when he barely knew her. By the look he was giving her now, I could imagine that. I gulped down my worries, trying to think of Grace. She was seriously injured, yet here I was, selfishly thinking of myself.

Wow, I'm really nailing this sister thing.

Harry bit into his wrist, pressing it against Grace's lips. Grace opened her mouth, her eyes becoming clearer as she stared at him with wonder. I watched as her wound sealed close, her tense body relaxing. Soon, I was helping her up to her feet. She leaned against Harry and I.

"What happened here?" Niall asked out of no where, his eyes wide. Translation-why did you bite her? Some emotion flashed through Harry's eyes, gone before I could even read it. I frowned, feeling for the first time since I'd met him that I knew nothing of this man who stood before me. He was so closed off, so reserved right now.

"I got hungry. Grace offered, didn't you?" I could hear his lie =, his eyes slightly narrowing as he nudged Grace who quickly nodded. Her cheeks were tinted pink as he made contact with her. My heart pounded against my chest as I watched her blush. Had something happened between them while I was gone?

Niall seemed just as confused as he looked between them before looking at me. I could only interpret that expression as pity. I didn't need pity from him.

"Right, lets go then. We don't have much time." I snapped, my tone harsher than I wanted it to be.

"We can't leave, the witch cast a spell so that we can't leave."

"I may or may not be able to fix that." Niall said suddenly, his blue eyes shining. "I've known Bonnie for a while now and there's something she loves, even more than meddling between a couple." He emphasized the world couple, glaring at Grace. Well, looks like someone supports Lirry.

"Games." Harry answered, and for the first time since I'd found him, his eyes had life in them. To my distaste, the life in them disappeared as his eyes met Grace's. That incredibly annoying look of adoration clouded his eyes again and for a second he looked more like a lost puppy than a vampire lord.

What on earth had happened while I was gone?

"Oh Bonnie!" Niall called, ignoring Harry and Grace's exchange. "I know you can hear me, you'd never leave them here alone."

Silence.

"I have an offer," Niall started, looking around intently.

More Silence.

"A game."

In a split second, a figure dropped from the tree, landing on the ground ever so gracefully. I closed my eyes as leaves whipped at my face, the wind howling before it settled down. When I opened them, Bonnie stood before me.

I reminded myself that she was not truly an old woman, only a who knows how old woman taking the form of one. I shivered at the thought of not knowing what she actually looked like.

"A game?" Her old raspy voice carried through the clearing, pure curiosity and raw interest in her voice as she tilted her head to the side. Her mouth opened and closed slightly.

"A game." Niall agreed. "You like games, don't you?"

"That I do," Bonnie chuckled darkly, her dark eyes gleaming in the light. She let out some sort of cough or evil laugh, whichever one is more accurate. I couldn't tell.

"Well, how about this? Let Harry and Grace go, and we'll agree to be in whatever game you have planned out, whenever you want." Niall offered. Bonnie's eyes widened and her hands went to grasp the air as if Niall were waving money above her head.

"Anytime?" Bonnie questioned, her crazy eyes narrowing.

"Anytime." Niall agreed. From what I'd heard, Bonnie liked to meddle with people, as if it were a game. I frowned, dreading when she would choose to put me in one of her all famous 'games'.

" You've got a deal." Bonnie cried out, snapping her fingers. Hot air filled the clearing, blasting in our faces before vanishing. Bonnie's eyes flickered towards Harry, her raspy laugh quite creepy if you ask me.

"I'll give you some advice, boy. I'd be careful with drinking your maiden's blood." She crackled, pointing two bony fingers to Grace and I. "It'll change you."

Before I could as what she ment, she disappeared. Evaporated. Vanished, just like that.

It'll change you.

What did that mean? I glanced at Harry who seemed blank, though from knowing him well, I could see his eyebrows were slightly furrowed, meaning that he was thinking deeply about something. I watched as he gave Grace the slightest glance, looking at her neck before looking away.

What could he possibly be thinking of?