Chapter Thirty Eight

[Lily's POV]

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I blinked, the sun shining down on my face, making it hard to see. I let out a yawn, setting my head down on Harry's chest. Harry let out a little snore, making me chuckle. We had resorted to sleeping outside, we couldn't risk going into town, not with Ethan on the look for us. My finger poke at his cheek.

I watched as the corner of his lips twitched slightly, giving away that he was in fact awake. I leaned forward, pressing my lips onto his before pulling away. His eyes were open now, his lips forming a grin.

"Good morning." He said, his voice husky.

"Morning," I replied, sinking down onto his lap. From here I could see Niall leaning against a tree, his mouth open and his nose twitching every once in a while. I glared at Grace's sleeping form, though I couldn't resent her while she slept. She just looked so... Innocent. Well that was till I remembered her attitude.

Bitch.

I grinned slightly at the thought before looking back at Harry who had been watching me with an amused gaze.

"Jealous?" He teased, his lips twitching into a smile.

"Nope." I lied, looking away from him. Of course I was jealous, we were in some messed up love triangle. Well besides the fact that its actually a curse. I cursed at Bonnie under my breath.

"Liar," I gasped as suddenly I was pushed against the tree behind us. Harry's lips were against mine, rough and full of lust. I responded with equal enthusiasm, my arms wrapped around his neck. His fingers somehow found their way to my shirt, tugging at it slightly. I pulled away, breathless.

"Not now," I sternly told him, my expression serious. He pouted and just like expected, brought his hands under his chin and tilted his face. I couldn't help but melt at his 'Cupcake face'.

"We," I said in between kisses as he pushed himself back on me, "-are in," Another kiss, "-a life or death situation."

"I don't care," Harry moaned.

"I do!" We jumped as Niall butted in, his eyebrows raised.

"I'd rather not watch you two have-"

"Right!" I interrupted, blushing. I glanced at Grace's sleeping figure, sighing in relief as I realized that she was still asleep.

"Anyway, on to more important matters. If we're taking on Ethan, we'll need all the blood bags we can get. Harry, I'll stay here and keep watch on them, you sneak into the village and get some from the blood stocker, yeah? Well unless you two want to continue-"

"Harry can go." I interrupted again, hitting Niall's arm. They laughed before Harry gave me a quick peck on the lips. In a split second, he was gone.

"So," I looked at Niall as he started to speak, a grin on his face,"I see you've been busy."

Instead of replying I gave him a playful shove before pushing past him. Grabbing the single bag with cloths in it by the tree, I began to walk.

"I'm taking a bath, you know where the pond is!" I called over my shoulder. I heard Niall shout something back but couldn't make out what he was saying.

As I got closer, I could hear the soft sound of water lapping against stones. The breeze hit my face, blowing my hair back.

I bent down by the shore of the pond, setting my bag down. Un zipping it, I pulled out a simple light blue t-shirt with dark jeans. Putting it by the shore, I got in.

I didn't take off my cloths, after all who knows what was out there, watching. I wasn't about to strip out here. The cool water against my skin made me shiver.

I went deeper into the pond, my feet barely touching the ground. I could feel round pebbles at my feet. Taking a deep breath, I ducked my head underwater.

I closed my eyes, letting my worries wash away. For a second I pretending that Ethan wasnt here or that Grace didnt exist.

I went up, taking in a huge breath.

"Well well well." I turned my head to see Grace stepping into the water, her lips twisted in a cruel smile.

"Grace." I greeted her as friendly as I could, though the tone of my voice still came out a bit bitter.

"Enjoying your bath?" Grace said uninterested. She stepped farther in, her eyes narrowing.

"Actually yes-"

"Harry's mine."

"What," I gaped, my eyes widening. Suddenly the water seemed ten times warmer. My hands were in fists now, my lips in a hard line.

"You heard me. This curse, it makes him think that he loves you. When we turn 20, Harry will realize that it was all fake. Ill be there for him then."

"Look who's talking! You don't even know him!" I snapped, practically snarling at her.

"Aww, is Lily getting angry? Well did Harry tell you about Helena?"

I didn't answer that- I couldn't. Harry had told me nothing about his past lover, nothing at all.

"Poor Lily. He told me, he trusts me enough to tell me about it." She turned, laughing, "I guess he doesn't love you too much after all!"

That's it. I'm done.

It took me about five seconds to plow down the bitch. I leaped out of the water, tackling her onto the ground. She let out a shriek, clawing blindly at me. I flinched as her nails dug into my cheek and that gave her enough time to throw me off. I rolled into the shallow part of the pond, holding my cheek with one hand. I gasped as he grabbed my hair, yanking on it.

Without giving it much thought, I elbowed her in the stomach, whipped around and slapped her. Hard. She screamed, holding her already red cheek. She then launched herself at my legs, pushing both herself and I into the deep part of the pond.

I struggled to rise to the surface as hands wrapped around my neck. My eyes widened and I struggled harder. She was trying to drown me!

At last, I managed to kick her in the face, giving me enough time to crawl onto the shore, gasping for air. Grace stumbled out after me, also gasping for air.

We sat there, our hatred forgot for the moment as we panted on shore. Just as we were about to have at it again, a voice interrupted us.

"Long time no see."

We turned, our fight forgotten. It couldn't be... But it was.

Ethan stood by the shore, a nasty smirk on his face.