Chapter Twenty Nine

[Lily's POV]

I ran through the woods, my feet aching. My hair was ruffled and the wind blew in my face. I stumbled before stopping to take a breath. I had been running all day, taking breaks in between before running off again. I didn't know where exactly I was going. I might even be running the opposite way of the kingdom.

That thought made me cringe before I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. Whats the worst that could happen while I was gone?

A sudden rustling made me jump, alert and on my feet. I prayed that it wasn't Ethan. I had come too far to be caught now. To my surprise, I recognized the person who stepped out of the bushes.

"Niall?" I asked, shocked.

"Lily?"

Silence.

"Oh my god Lily, your alive!" His usually neat blond hair was tossled around, his blue eyes dull. They lit up as he saw me and in seconds he was by my side, hugging me tightly. I was surprised to hear soft sobs and his tears trickled down my shirt.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." I said softly, hanging onto him. "Lily Ferona doesn't die that easily."

"Ethan attacked us." Niall muttered as we pulled away. His blue eyes shone with tears as he sniffled.

"-But your all alive." I watched as Niall flinched and he broke down in more tears.

"Who died?" I asked urgently. Did I know them? I knew it couldn't possibly be one of the lords, after all they couldn't die...right? They were truly immortal and as far as I knew, they couldn't die. Niall was crying too hard to even speak at the moment.

"What happened?" I asked, phrasing it differently. This time Niall raised his head, his voice still shaking.

"H-he came for us hours after you d-died. H-he took over the castle so we escaped in to the w-woods."

He took over the castle.

"He's taken over the country?!"

[Niall's POV]

Flashback.

"Zayn behind you!" I yelled. Zayn turned around just in time to see a vampire speeding at him. He was knocked over, thrashing around before throwing the enemy off. I watched as the vampire's corpse crumbled onto the floor as Zayn stood up, panting. This was the 41st vampire that had slipped into the castle. Zayn's hand was bloody with the enemies blood, his face splattered in speckles of it.

"Where's Liam?" I asked, looking around. Panic was setting into me. I couldn't see the smart vampire anywhere.

"Here!" Liam's voice was muffled as he pushed off two dead vampires from his side. He wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"There are more!" Louis screamed as more stormed up the stairs, shouting battle cries. I winced as I felt several tackle me to the ground, like a pack of hungry wolves.

"Get. OFF!" I shouted, pushing them off with slight difficulty. I cried out as I felt a stake being plunged into my heart. I grasped the carpet in pain, gasping as I felt it being pulled out. I looked up to see Louis throwing the bloody stake to the floor. 

I concentrated hard on the area, thrashing around a bit as the painful blow to the heart healed itself. I panted, leaning against the wall. I'd only gotten staked about six times in the past seven hundred years. I'd never get used to the feeling.

"You alright there mate?" Louis asked as he helped me up. I noticed the bodies of hundreds lying on the floor. Their hearts were either ripped out or they had stakes in their chests.

"Just dandy. I'll never get used to that." I noted, shuddering. Louis nodded in understanding- we've all been staked a good handful of times.

"There are more coming!" Zayn reported. I leaned against the wall, shutting my eyes. We hadn't had blood in days, ever since our blood servants had died. We were battered, exhausted and missing a member.

Harry.

My chest tightened just thinking about my best mate who was in a coffin in the other room. We weren't ready to let him go-let alone bury him. Some part of me was still wishing that he would wake up- that he would be alive.

Without him, we were no where as strong. Don't get me wrong, we are strong all on our own. But Harry was our fifth piece, we weren't a team without him. Not to mention that his gift was fighting.

Now without him, there was no one to lead us into battle. We were all covered in blood and sweat and were weak. I found myself being drained by trying to heal not only myself but everyone else. We had evacuated everyone from the castle to the point where we were the only ones left.

"We won't be able to hold them off!" Liam shouted, his voice thick with fear, "There are too many!"

"We're going to have to run for it!"

"Run?! This is our kingdom! We can't just run!" Louis argued. His blue eyes were exhausted and he was leaning down, pressing his hand on a stomach wound that wasn't healing fast enough due to not having blood. I walked over, pressing my hand against the wound. I watched as Louis relaxed, groaning as the wound began to heal instantly.

Though he was being healed, my condition was worse. I felt light headed, my throat feeling like it was closing up.

"W-we need more b-blood." Liam said weakly, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"It's in the basement." Zayn croaked, "We have to go Louis, NOW."

"No." Louis said stubbornly. "We hold our ground. So what if we die over and over again? We get back up and fight."

"Louis quit being stupid! Have a look at Niall! He's nearly at his limit,  we need to go!" Zayn yelled, helping me stand. I looked up, my vision blurring slightly around the edges. I cupped my throat, leaning on Zayn.

"Fine." Louis said just as the door swung open once more. I had a burst of energy, banging myself into the wall. The wall gave way, revealing the coffin in the other room. I lifted it up with all my strength, rushing to the windows. I looked back to see Zayn, Louis and Liam being tackled.

"Go! Take Harry and GO!" Louis screamed. I watched in horror as the enemy swarmed around them like bee's seemingly consuming them. I could no longer see them under the pack of vampires. I blinked my tears away, taking a deep breath.

-and I jumped.

[Lily's POV]

"T-they didn't make it." I whispered. "Their still trapped with Ethan."

"Yes." Niall cried.

"You said we- does that mean Harry's here?!" I asked, my spirits suddenly rising. Harry. I needed to see Harry.

"Lily." Niall croaked, falling to his knees. He rocked back and forth, his breaths shaking. "H-Harry's dead."

That's when my world broke apart.

Well Lily found out that Harry is dead! And You get to see a bit of what happened when Ethan invaded! Before you ask NO the other lords are not dead. They are just being held hostage, Niall was the only one that managed to escape with Harry's coffin.