Chapter Nineteen

[Lily's POV]

The kingdom was under attack.

...

The kingdom was under attack.

The words struck me like lightning as I blinked, making sure this was reality. The kingdom was under attack? Impossible. No one attacked the kingdom unless they had a death wish. No one. Yet right now, I'm 110% sure that the words, 'the kingdom is under attack' came out of that mans mouth.

In a second, Harry had processed this too, his calm gaze flickering to me and Isabelle. He nodded to us slowly, his green eyes lacking emotion. He swept his hair to the side so it would get out of his face before he stood up. He approached the knight casually, folding his arms over his chest as he looked at him.

"Get the knights to guard the kingdom. I'm sure that this is nothing we cannot handle." He said, narrowing his eyes. The knight gulped before shaking his head rapidly.

"But my lord! Over half of the knights were poisoned last night! We suspect foul play."

Harry's cool aura shattered and was replaced by disbelief before anger settled in. His jaw tensed and his hands were now in fists. He narrowed his eyes some more, his eyebrows furrowed.

"How many are there?" He asked, refering to the remaining knights fit to fight. "Anyone that I've personally trained?"

"No sir. There are 120 knights left untouched. None are generals sir. The enemy has at least 200, we are out numbered!" As if to comfirm a large bang came from outside. I rushed over to the window, my eyes widening as I gazed out. There were tens and hundreds of men approuching. I watched as several knights who were in the first line defending fell to the ground, bullets taking them down.

"Dammit." Harry growled. He turned back to the knight who looked paler than he had before. "Order the knights to hold their ground. I'm coming."

"Y-yes sir." The knight disappeared from view, slamming the door shut behind him. Yells and guns going off could be heard from outside and I flinched. Harry turned to Isabelle and I, his expression grim.

"Listen to me Lily. Take Isabelle and find Marcel. He should be down with the other blood servants. He'll help you escape." He said, holding my hands in his. He gazed at me, his eyes intense.

"What about you! You'll get hurt!"

"Me? Get hurt? Have you forgotten who I am?" Harry laughed though it was strained. He released my hand, leaning in close. His lips pressed against my cheek.

"Stay safe, my warrior princess." And he was gone. He jumped straight out of the window before I could even protest. Even if I knew he would be alright I checked. I looked out of the window, my eyes wide as I watched him land gracefully on the grass. In seconds he was infront of the line as the enemy army clashed with the knights. He sent three enemy vampires flying, their hearts staked by their own swords.

"Isabelle lets go." I said quietly. I picked her up, my arms shaking slightly as I ran. I nearly fell down the stairs as I skipped as many as I could till I was at the bottom.

"Lily! Over here!" I heard Marcels high pitched voice from my left. I turned to see the rest of the blood slaves with him, their eyes wide and paniced. Even Hannahs cold eyes had melted into fear. As I ran over to them, Isabelle still in my arms Marcel started taking action. He gestured for us to follow him, his eyes dark as he glanced around. His hand touched the ground and suddenly a door was visable. He pried it open, revealing a stair case.

"One at a time. Hurry!" Marcel shot inside, pulling Jenna in first. The two disappeared in the shadows. April and Perrie rushed in. Just as I was about to enter with Isabelle Hannah pushed past us, knocking me back.

"Your not coming." Hannah sneered. My eyes widened. That b*tch!! Not only was shy trying to get me killed by she was trying to get Isabelle killed. Before I could do anything she slammed the door shut. Instantly I sprang into action, putting Isabelle down.

"C'mon open! Open!" I begged out loud. My fingers pried at the doors edges, hoping that someone would notice my absence. April. Jenna. Perrie. Marcel. Anyone!

"Lily! Lily!" I turned to see Isabelle being picked up by a hoodied figure. I felt fear spike through me as the figure lifted her up. No no no. Not Isabelle.

"Let go!" I leaped at the unsuspecting figure. By the time I realized who it was, it was too late. I had already barreled into them. They let go of Isabelle who let out a slight cry as she fell. At least the hooded figure had put her down as gently as possible.

"Niall?" I asked, relieved. Niall gave me a quick smile before rolling me off. He was on his feet in an instant and helped me to my feet.

"Want some help?" he asked gesturing to the hidden door. " I was doing a final inspection of the castle and couldn't help but notice that they left you."

"Damn right they did." I grumbled, but now was not the time to hold grudges. My number one goal at the moment was to get Isabelle to saftey. Niall swiftly glanced at the door before placing his hands on either side of it. With one swift pull he ripped it out of the ground, the metal clattering against the floor.

"Thanks. Why aren't you fighting?" I asked as I set Isabelle down onto the stairs. After all he was a lord. I'm sure his strength could come in handy on the battle field.

"Harry wouldn't like that." he chuckled, making me tilt my head in confusion. "He's tried to teach me how to fight before. It didn't go well."

"He said that if there was a title for 'worst student' I'd be a shoe in for it." Niall grinned before turning around to leave, but he wasn't finished. "Oh and I ship Lirry."

"Lirry?" I asked raising an eyebrow. What the hell was Lirry?

"You and Harry of course. Congrats." Niall laughed before skipping away. Skipping.

I rolled my eyes before holding a shaking Isabelles hand. Darkness filled my vision before my eyes started to ajust. The cold stone walls were firm as I placed my free hand on it so I could feel where I was going. I sighed with relief as I saw light ahead.

"We're almost there." I told Isabelle who clung to my side. When we finally entered the light I blinked, my eyes seeing flashes from the dramatic change of lighting. When I did finally see what was ahead I screamed.

There lying infront of me were Hannah and Aprils bodies.