Chapter Eight

[Lily's POV]

"Harry, be a darling and help Lily pick out what to wear." Barbara, the maid said as she turned the lights on. In front of me were hundreds of dress's, shoes and jewelry. The room was designed like a huge walk in closet apart from the fact that there was a dressing room in the back.

"Close your mouth dear, you'll catch flies." Barbara gently corrected, her shaking hands going to my jaw and snapping it close.

Barbara was a human. She was a women in her seventies. Her kind face peered out the door for a second before she gently shut it, leaving Lord Harry and I alone. Instantly he was over at the dress's which were red, searching through them quickly. He grunted as he found one he liked and threw it this way. I barely caught it, the velvet material trying to slip out of my hands.

The dress was beautiful, I admit it. Yet something about it just wasn't me. It would look beautiful on a blond girl like Caroline I suppose. As Lord Harry forcefully pushed it further into my arms I shook my head. He mimicked my action though confusion spread across his face.

"This dress is stunning." I said after a moment, choosing my words carefully. His expression remained stony as he looked at me.

"But?"

"-but its just not me." I stated. His gaze instantly started trailing over my body as if imagining what the dress would look like on me. Through the cold mask I could see a hint of sadness as he realized I was right.

Why did he want me to wear the dress that badly? Yes it was a stunning work of art but I would seem out of place wearing it. 

"Look,"

I shut my mouth as I realized that we had both spoken at the same time. Since our argument we had been practically ignoring each other. I guess I pushed too far too fast. Not that I was backing down or anything. Apologizing didn't come naturally to me and I found my words stuck in my throat. Lord Harry turned his attention back to me, surprise in his gaze.

"I'm sorry." I spit out. My stubborn pride was wounded as he looked at me. I felt pathetic, being the one to crack first. Never had I ever apologized so easily or so fast. I swallowed as I waited for him to speak.

"I-I'm," Lord Harry seemed to have trouble speaking too as he awkwardly played with the hem of his blazer that he was wearing. He cleared his throat to break the silence. "I guess I'm sorry too."

We stared at each other, our stubborn pride hurt. My face probably mirrored his as we both stood there looking at the ground.

"I-I shouldn't have asked you about some...sensitive topics." I said after a while. He nodded slowly, a smirk playing at his lips as he heard my awkward tone. He seemed to realize that I was just as stubborn as him. I looked at him expectedly. He was not making Lily Ferona apologize without saying an apology himself. He caught on and for the first time his cheeks tinted red as he shuffled his feet.

"Erm.Uh-I shouldn't have been so- so bitter." the word bitter rolled off his tongue with infact a bitter tone in it. I smiled up at him, satisfied with his response. He smiled back weakly and softly set the red dress down as if it were the most valuable thing in the world.

"My Lord-"

"Call me-" Lord Harry said turning to face me. A cheeky smile was on his face that made my stomach summersault. "-call me Harry."

"Harry." I liked his name rolled off my tongue with ease. He nodded in approval before looking around the room. This time he ran over across the room to the blue dresses, skimming through at supernatural speed. When he found what he was looking for he walked back, his green eyes sparkling.

He tossed me the blue fabric which narrowly missed my face. I looked at the dress and my jaw practically dropped.

It was simple-nothing special but for some reason it pleased me. It was so me. The front was laced with dark blue and a simple flower pattern that was faint was printed on. Harry smirked at me, gently grabbing my hand. He pulled me over to the dressing room, flinging the door open and shoving me in.

Stripping off my cloths, I slid the dress on, even more satisfied when it was on me. The blue edges clung onto me, highlighting the curve of my body. I had never been too into dresses but this one-this one I liked.

I peeked out of the room, the door creaking open. I saw Harry leaning against the door, his eyes lighting up slightly as I walked out.

"Don't you want to change your shoes?" He asked after a while. I looked down to see that I was still wearing converse. I waved off his option, choosing comfort over style. I could feel his intense eyes on me as I walked out of the room of dresses, turning to the left.

"The dining rooms to the right!" He called after me. I rolled my eyes, determined not to look embarrassed as I changed directions. I could hear his rare laugh from the room, making me smile slightly.

The Dinner will be in the next chapter! Zayn and Louis will finally be introduced along with their blood servants!:)