Chapter Six

[Lily's POV]

I watched Lord Harry from behind, his tall figure fading away into the shadows as I struggled to catch up to him. His long legs and stride made him hard to keep up with, not to mention that he was a vampire lord. His eyes glowed in the darkness as he looked back.

It was so dark at the moment that I couldn't see where I was going. Only his eyes guided me-it was the only sign that he was still here with me. I could hear my own feet crushing the dry leaves underneath me or small twigs.

"Hurry up. Better to find your friend while she's still in one piece," Lord Harry snapped, his eyes turning back to me. As always there was that bitter glow to it that I had gotten used to by now as loomed over me. We had come to a halt as he edged closer. I stood my ground only shivering slightly. I didn't exactly know if it was because I was cold or if I was intimidated by him.

"I'm sorry I can't walk as fast as you, my lord." I said. He narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to speak but thought better of it and closed it. I took that as I sign that we were done talking as I pushed past him. I hadn't even taken more than ten steps before I was suddenly knocked over. A dozen 'whooshes' could be heard as I landed on someone's chest.

Lord Harry's.

I blushed as I realized we were in an awkward position as his arms were still wrapped around me. This seemed not to trouble him, instead he was looking at the tree just ahead of us. My eyes widened as I realized there were a dozen arrows digging through it.

I shivered as I thought of what would have happened if Harry-Lord Harry hadn't pushed me to the ground. Shaking the images away I gazed at Lord Harry who seemed to be thinking as he gazed on at the arrows.

"Damn you Liam and your security." He said through gritted teeth as he gently pushed me off of him to stand up. He shot me a look of concern that lasted for a second before he made his way over to the tree. He seemed to be calmer now as he ripped an arrow out with ease. He glanced at it for a bit before throwing it to the ground.

"Your friends lucky that she's with the wolves." he said making me blink in confusion.

"What? She could be ripped to shred and your saying she's lucky?!" I hissed clenching my fists. He turned to me with indifference before he explained,

"Liam's our brainy lad. He has a project going on right now that he wants to keep under wraps. He doesn't need unwanted visitors." he glared at me, "Which is why the wolves are here. They keep the lab guarded-not to mention that there are traps. As long as your friend is with the wolves they'll eventually take her to Liam."

"So she's...safe?" I asked. He nodded making me sigh in relief. "So-how are we getting out of here?"

"Well-" He suddenly stopped his eyes scanning around the forest which now seemed quiet-too quiet. "Shit."

I didn't have time to ask as wolves-four of them appeared before us. Another four padded after them, their hungry eyes on us as they licked their lips. They all had blood on their muzzles. I shivered as I thought of who's it was- the blood on their lips ment that we weren't the only ones in the forest tonight.

As one started to crawl forward Lord Harry's arm was around me as we backed away a step. He leaned down to whisper to me as the wolves started to inch closer.

"Don't look." he said his voice deep and husky. I nodded as I felt him let go of me. I looked away closing my eyes. Instantly there were whines of pain and sounds of bones being snapped. The sound of the wolves falling to the ground made me feel sick. Growls were mixed with yelps and before I could cringe it was over. Everything was silent.

I slowly turned getting up from the forest floor. I gasped as I saw the bloodied bodies of wolves, their eyes lifeless heads twisted around. In the middle of the mess was Lord Harry who's hands were red. His green eyes displayed no emotion and they seemed as empty as the dead wolves.

He made his way to me with his long strides as he stepped over the bodies.

"Did you really have to kill all of them Harry?!" We both seemed to visably jump as we head a voice. I turned to see a man in his twenties looking around the clearing of bodies, clearly disappointed. " It took a lot of work making them!"

"Where's the girl Liam?" Lord Harry said tiredly. My eyes widened-Lord Liam James Payne. It had to be him. I watched as Lord Liam smiled.

"She's back at the lab. I gave Niall a call to tend to her injuries. If you want to pick her up you can come to the lab." Lord Liam looked over at me as if noticing me for the first time. "Is that the blood servant-Lily right?"

"Yes." Stiff with worry I started to walk over to where the two lords stood.

"This is fantastic! I'm Liam-just Liam." He smiled brightly, his warm brown eyes welcoming. Lord Liam-Liam seemed almost as out going as Niall. Instead of the classic handshake he gave me a kiss on the cheek making me blush. Lord Harry watched silently his lips in a frown and his eyebrows furrowed. "Come now- lets get out of here before Harry decides to kill more of my creations." He shot a look at Lord Harry who rolled his eyes.

"To the lab we go!"