Chapter Thirty Seven

[Lily's POV]

"What's the plan?"

It had been a few days since our encounter with the witch. A few days since Harry started acting weird. He'd be saying something one moment but as soon as his eyes landed on Grace, whether it was just an accidental glance or a glare, it was always the same. That emotion of adoration would cloud over his eyes.

It was the same pattern really.

Harry would be talking to Niall or the group and the next moment, he'd stop and gap at Grace.

And my heart would always shatter.

The witch was right, she had to be. Why else would Harry be gawking over my sister? He barely talked to me anymore, it was always a nod or a single word that came out of his mouth when I tried to make conversation.

Flashback

"Harry, are you alright?" I asked in concern, my heart aching. Harry had been acting strange, something was so off about him and it saddened me. I bit my lip as he looked at the ground, his feet scrapping against the dirt softly. I leaned against a tree, giving him a small smile.

"What's wrong?" I softly asked, quietly. I knew he could still hear me yet he did not reply. He never did.

"What..what happened with Grace?" I asked taking a deep breath. It had to have something to do with her. Something must have happened between them during that time when I was gone.

"I-never mind." He replied. Shivers went down my spine as he spoke, that deep husky voice addressing me. I went over to him where he sat on a log, his hands in first. His head was down.

"Harry, you can tell me." I whispered though tears were already trying to make their way to my eyes.

"Harry, what are we?"

We hadn't talked since I'd asked him that question. He hadn't replied, instead he'd gotten up and walked away. I watched him walk, my already shattered heart sinking further than before.

The worst thing was that he talked to Grace, in fact he talked to her more than he did with Niall. He was so distant with Niall that it scared me. I'd talked to Niall about this and he'd shrugged it off though I could tell that he too was concerned about Harry's new behavior.

Though I didn't want to believe it, I had to face the facts.

Harry...Harry didn't...

"Surprise attack." Harry said simply. His voice made me jump, making me snap back into reality. We were just days away from attacking Ethan. We had traveled miles till we reached the kingdom grounds. We were here, at the edges of the kingdom.

"Right. We'll need to wait a few days though, we need to stock up in blood bags so the rest of the lads can help-"

"No, we can't wait! We've waited long enough!" Grace shouted, her hands gripping onto Harry's arm. "We can't waste time!"

"We won't be able to defeat Ethan without the blood bags!" I shouted back, "We need the other lords to fight!"

"Who said we weren't going to bring blood? We're blood slaves remember." Grace reminded. I was about to reply when her words echoed in my head. We're? Who's blood slave was she?

"I'll feed Niall and Harry when they need strength. You can feed Zayn, Liam and Louis." She continued, pretty much ignoring me.

"Why are you feeding Niall and Harry?" I asked, my mind struggling to figure out what the hell she was talking about. After all, I was Harry's blood slave, shouldn't I be the one to..to help him?